Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody in the Pacific Northwest running a STC Fastrac top??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shane74, Jun 25, 2002.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I need to buy one soon. I am looking for anyone in the Pacific Northwest who is running one of these. Since we get SOOO much rain up here, I am looking for an opinion, and testimony as to how leak proof they are. I'm not worried about the sides or rear, just the front, and possibly pics of how it mounts to the top of the windsheild, tailgate, and how the front windows seal up at the top. Thanks! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hehehehe.... Leak proof soft top in the PNW.... ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Leak proof he says, leak proof,LMFAO!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My hardtop leaks...my Kayline soft top never leaked. My truck is an 81 though so the soft top I had sealed at the back of the half cab. I was very impressed with how well it sealed to the truck though.

Rene

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Shane and I both have 74's and there really is no way to get a good seal around the top of the doors, so I don't run mine year around just in the summer... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well...I had to ask.... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif
    We both know that "leak proof" won't happen, but I wouldn't mind as long as MOST of the water stayed out. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Do you plan to run it year round?

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Nope. My hard top seals up very well (thanks to $1000 in new seals and other crap!). I am only planning on running it for about 4-5 months out of the year.