Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody in the UK?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by marcus, Apr 2, 2002.

1. marcus

marcus Registered Member

I have just come across a 1977 Blazer in Classic American car magazine. Complete truck, less an engine. I however have a 6.2 complete engine just lying around as a spare, whcih would make a perfect donor...I think.

Are there any UK users aound who would like to go into this project with me...ned to contribute a bit of cash, lots of sweat, some blood and no doubt a few tears...

2. CustomCruiser

CustomCruiser Registered Member

Hey Buddy,

How did the tranny work go? My 700 seems to loose drive going into 3rd every now and then. Also, applying too much throttle while in OD does the same. Everyone I know back home drives a 2.0 litre or less and would not have the patience to get a Blazer back on the road. Good luck!

3. marcus

marcus Registered Member

The tranny still needs to be looked at....I finally found somewhere that will do the whole R&R for £1000 (about $1300). Sounds you like you have the same problems as me though....I have completely lost reverse, and yesterday, I seem to have lost OD too, it chages up from 3, but no drive....

I finally mamanged to sell my 6.2l engine I had lying around to finance the tranny work, so hopefully the beast should be back on the road in the next week or so....