Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody interested in a aluminum fuel cell?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudfreak, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Mudfreak

Mudfreak 1/2 ton status

OK, the company I work for is going to be doing some custom aluminum fuel cells for a local s-10 slammer crowd, I was just wondering if anybody else would be interested in one? I will post again with a price and dimesions of the cells as soon as we get the quote done. Aslo if there are any persons interested in one and have there own dimensions, let me know, and we can get a price quote to you. You can either email me at Mudfreak@stny.rr.com or just reply to this post and I'll check back in a couple of days.

88 K5... work in progress

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

What exactly are they being made to fit (years)? Would they fit a '99? And where are they mounting? Any idea on a price? Thanks!

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

How about some rough dimensions and costs examples?

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'd be interested. A rough idea of cost would be great. Also can it be made to use the stock filler door?

Thanks,
    John

<font color=blue>"When all else fails, read the instructions, or get a bigger hammer"</font color=blue>

5. Mudfreak

Mudfreak 1/2 ton status

OK,sorry about the lack of info right now, I'll post the dimensions and price when I get them, but if you have your own dimensions, email them to me and I'll get you a price quote.
    Mudfreak@stny.rr.com

The fuel cells we are going to make are going to be for S-10 trucks, and they will be mounted in the bed. These guys are the slammer crowd, so they need to get the gas tank out of the way I guess. I've seen them in magazines for around $600, but I'm sure our price will not be as much. My boss is doing the quote and as soon as I get it from him, I'll post it.

6. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

In the bed or underneath the bed?? They'll still fit underneath, even if the truck is dropped. We had to cut about 4 inches off the end of my cousins tank and move it to the back. It fit underneath, but it is body dropped 3 1/2" [​IMG].......

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Oh and do these come with or are they available with the senders and fill necks?? Thanks!

8. Mudfreak

Mudfreak 1/2 ton status

Got the dimensions and a price for ya!

They are going to be 26 x 17 1/2 x 9 1/2 , all aluminum and will run $450 each. If you have other dimensions you would like a price on , you can call our shop at (607) 737-6079 or email me at mudfreak@stny.rr.com. Unfortunately that doesn't include shipping.