Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody interested in a Sub?

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Aug 19, 2002.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm looking at an '80 3/4 ton Sub for the 350/400/205 combo. Gonna put the 350 into my '82 K30 and use it for a daily driver (gas mileage /forums/images/icons/wink.gif). Gonna keep the 400/205 /forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

The body is so rusted out on this Sub, I'm getting an '83 Sub for the body, free of charge, and wanna swap the '83 onto the '80 chassis. Unfortunately, the front clip on the '83 sustained a front end wreck, so its just gonna be the tub and all 6 doors (barn doors).

I don't need another truck sitting around here and wondered if anybody else here would be interested in the rolling chassis with a rust and dent free '83 body tub on it.

Anybody interested?

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

free? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. thatK30guy

Not quite. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I'm still paying a good price for the '80 complete. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Just want that 350 since its a brand new motor with 20K on it for my K30.

What would be a good price to ask for this? Its got a 10 bolt and 14FF, both in excellent condition, but don't know the ratios yet. The glove box sticker says 1GQ1 which is standard axle ratio.
    The '83 tub is also in excellent condition, too.

I'm gonna be pressure washing the frame once the old body is off and cleaning the underside of the new body. I may even install new polyurethane body mounts and possibly a 3" body lift, just to get the body off the frame a little bit.

I need to get the body up slightly since the '83 is a 2wd body. Need the room to clear the tranny/t-case.

What do you think is a good price?

Would anybody be interested in parts of ANYTHING off the old '80 body? I mean ANYTHING on and inside the body. Windows, A/C, gauges, column, seats, EVERYTHING.

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

if its a `standard' axle ratio, then suburbans standard is 3.45.... dunno if they had a different one for 4x4's or not.

do you have the seatbelts from the 80? and what color are they? do you have the rear spoiler wing? did this sucker have cruise control? is the drivers side window crank/regulator in good order? ( if power, do all 4 units work, so I can convert) Tinted glass: did it have it? and do you have the middle door glass? ( both the roll up window, and the stub window part)

I'll prolly think of more later, but that's a good start.

-Rich

5. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Which seatbelts do you want Rich? All of them? If not I would be interested in the rear passenger side if it's tan.

6. thatK30guy

I took the truck out for a test drive yesterday. I never did pay too much attention to the color of the interior and parts. I do think they were either the silver or red color, if the belts came in that color. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

The Sub does not have the spoiler wing, but I do still have the wing from my old '84 Blazer that I took off. Its in the rafters in the garage right now. Still in good shape, too. Would this one work or not?

Didn't pay attention to whether it had cruise or not. The windows are the crank type and all work fine.

Don't remember what the windshield had for tint. The big side glass are clear and the barn doors are also clear. Middle door windows and stubs are all still there.

If I get the truck and you need all this stuff, would you have anything to trade, if there is something I need?