Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody know anything about PWC's?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5james, May 26, 2005.

1. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking about picking up two for the wife and I. I've been on a Sea Doo and loved it but I want some input on the other brands. There's a dealership here that has some good deals on the new Honda four strokes and I'm really liking the Turbocharged F-12X Three Seater.

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I rented Yamaha XL700s for two years. For the way they were abused and neglected, they held up great. These were two strokes, so they ate fuel and oil like crazy (one tank of fuel lasts about 2.5 hrs, including reserve), but they were reliable as anything and would run 45 mph, which may not seem like a whole lot, but once you get out on the water, you start to wonder who would want to go 90mph. And yes, even though they're 3 seaters, they can and will get TONS of air. I've been 8 ft in the air on one, and that landing was beautiful. I'm sold on Yamaha.

I don't really have any experience with the 4 stroke Hondas, but if they're anything like the ATVs they make, they're worth looking at. Besides, turbocharged anything is badass.

3. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about the 2-stroke Yamahas but I'm a little worried about them being legal on lakes in the future so I'm mainly looking at thumpers.

4. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Head on down to mission bay and rent a couple for a day. I bet if you were to buy two you'd have one to many. Your wife is gonna be dangerous on something like that. I'd look for a used pair in the trader. Get 2 used skis and a trailer for the price of one new ski. Ride for a while and if it works out, sell those two to me then step up to the new ones. You need to think these through... When we used to go to Parker & Martinez our freinds had a 2 seat
    Sea Doo Bombadier (?) and a Kawi 3 seater. I prefer the Sea Doo for the manuverability. Its like 125 compared to a Goldwing. The big one cut through the chop and the little one was like riding a pogo stick.... When it gets all choppy its time to drink beer anyway...

5. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I think we're going to try to do that this weekend. We're going to try to rent a couple and go to Ski Beach(hopefully it won't be too much of a mad house). I'm hoping she'll like it but we'll see.

;) Suuuuuuuure, I'll bet you'd take them off our hands.

Yeah definitely, I've just been mulling it over and bringing it up for discussion with her. Nothing has been decided yet.