Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody know anything about sprinkler systems??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shane74, Sep 27, 2002.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I am trying to get the one working in our new place and it just won't cooperate! Here's the deal. The system was installed several years ago (woohoo for us!). I found out the controller box was bad so I replaced it with a spare one from our previous home (I know it's good). A couple of the heads were busted so I repaired the pipe and replaced the heads. The valves will work ONLY if you turn them on and off maually. The controller box has no effect on them. I know the valves are getting power (I used my multi-meter), so I think I need to replace all of them (there are 4). If that doesn't work, I am at a loss as to what else could be the problem /forums/images/icons/confused.gif Has anybody here had to deal with this? I would like to get them working so I can go back to being lazy except for when I am working on my blazer!

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

If your getting power to the valves and you have a good ground, the valve has to be bad.... I had to replace mine at the old house.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

The valves are home despair specials. I'll see what I can pick up to replace them with.