Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody know the diff between a dodge 208 and a chevy 208 case

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by grd2go, May 9, 2005.

1. grd2go

grd2go Registered Member

I started looking around and have counted up that I have 2 dodge 208 with fixed rear yokes and about 5 chevy 208s with slip yokes has any body had the dodge ones apart to find out if they will interchange with the chevy 208s if so I would like to know.. It could be a quick fix for my 2 early 80s chevys that I keep having to replace the output seal on the t cases they are both on plow trucks and Im tired of them leaking I wont to save my 205 tcases for my toys and not use them for work.. Im just greedy that way.. thx for any info..... Robert

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

There are some differences inside .

[​IMG]

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

This has been discussed several times before, so a search will bring lots of info. I have a Chevy 208 in my Jimmy with a Dodge fixed rear output. The answer is that it's 90% a bolt-together conversion. What messes it up is the fact that the rails the shift forks ride on are clocked differently inside the Chevy and Ford cases. This requires custom machining to the back half of the case. The other problem that messes it up is that Dodge doesn't have the bolt holes for the big support rod that bolts to the tranny bellhousing. You have to graft one in or just live without it.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

And on a plow truck I would suggest grafting that in.

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Here's a Pic:

[​IMG]