Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody know this dealership in Utah?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Jun 25, 2001.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

The name is Chariot Auto Sales, and they are in Salt Lake City. The guy I have been talking to is named Mike Goodwin. Anybody know the place or guy?

Reason I'm asking: He posted an '85 K30 Silverado, 454, 465, 205, 60, 14, black, for $4500.00 on autotrader.com a couple months ago. We had worked out details to get the truck sold and transported to my place, and then he quit emailing and replying to me. I just sent an email yesterday to ask what the deal was and still no response.

Anybody know this place or guy? I just want to let him know that if he is going to do business using the internet to sell cars, dont mislead anybody especially when they are going to make the deal completed.

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

2. thatK30guy

BTW, for you guys in Utah, if you could call him and strike up a conversation, the business no. is 801-774-0843 and Mike's no. is 801-774-6195.

If you want or can, give him a call and see what he has to say for himself. Seems like everytime I call, the person asks who is calling and tells me Mike is out for the day! [​IMG]

3. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I don't know who they are so they must be a small dealership... Ask twizted (Eric) and try calling the better bus. bureau.

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Yeah, the place is just down the road from me, it's in clearfield not SLC (unless there is another one somewhere, I don't think there is though) My buddy worked for them for awhile. Mike Godwin rings a bell too, I'll check with my freind and see what he knows, he still does some biz-ness with them every once in awhile. I'd bet they sold it, money in hand speaks louder than any "deal worked out." Just the way it is I'm afraid. I'll do a drive by, if you want and take--err I ment check it out.

Twiztid

5. thatK30guy

Thanks Eric!!! [​IMG]

If you can get time to stop by and see him, ask what the heck happened and why he doesnt return ph. calls. Also, tell him that next time he wants to advertise on autotrader.com, DONT do it! He is a misleading guy and does not stand by his word!!! [​IMG]

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Yeah I stopped by and check the place out. I didn't ruff the guy up or nothin' just threw some rocks at him as I left. (can't be bunin' my bridges ya-know)

They said they sold the truck a mounth ago or so, they had another '85 k20 that was ruff, I almost fell over when he said $6500 for it- yikes! 9.5 rear and 10 front, so take it easy Was, nothin you'd want-

Twiztid

7. thatK30guy

Thanks, Eric!!! [​IMG]

$6500.00 for a POS?!?! WOW!! And I thought that K30 they had for $4500.00 was a good deal! [​IMG] Oh well, guess I will wait for him to email me and if he doesnt, then I will email him back again! [​IMG]

8. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Most places don't take you seriously unless you actually call them. Then usally you will put down a deposit. Not sure what that guy told you but anyone serious would have called. When I sell something I get people all the time saying they want it and they have the money. But they never buy or look at it. So when someone comes along with cash or offers deposit it's sold! Just my .02.

9. thatK30guy

I did call him a few times. We both agreed that it was sold. The only thing was, I was trying to find out when my transporter was going to be able to get up there and pick it up. I never heard nor got any emails after that. [​IMG]

BTW, Mike told me not to worry about a deposit if I was really serious and going to buy it. So, I took his word for it. Just assumed he would wait til I got back to him and let him know when the pick up date would be. [​IMG]

10. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Pisses you off when you get one sold out from under you, I know just how you feel.

I talked to my buddy today, he said that standered procedure for that place, they'd sell 'em to who ever- regadless.

Twiztid

11. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Ok I see now. I would be pissed too, if he agreed to all that. Better luck next time. [​IMG]