Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody know Western plows?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater_k20, Nov 2, 2004.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

spent a bit of time tonight working on my plow truck, finally got it running, and decided i had better hit the plow lever before i left. it lifts and lowers fine, but doesnt move side to side. i can hear the pump working when i move the lever left or right, but no movement. anybody got any ideas?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

what style do you have?
    does it use the cables or is it electronic?

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

cables AFAIK, i havent had to mess with it much, since i basically inherited it from my grandfather when he passed away July '03, and have only had to use it once. if its the same as the one that was on my 79 K20, which i believe it is, it is cable.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

where the cables go into the box, pull the cover and have someone move the lever. make sure they move freely and fully. the box can get some crap in there and not let it fully move. then lubricate the cables well. you may need to do some adjustment. not sure on exactly how, i have not messed with the cable style much as mine is electronic. also make sure the cables are not kinked.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif good luck

5. 8t7jimmy

8t7jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Have any luck? If not, let me know I have had the factory training from western. I have the service manuals and lots of experience with western plows.

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Ryan, havent had a chance to go take a look at it yet. last night i was just flat out beat when i got home from work. something about being on your hands and knees grouting floors for 10 hours that's just not good for ya. tonight i got a little busy. lets just say, my rig is finally off jackstands now, and the bed is back on... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif