Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody like newer Pontiacs?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by 4x4dreamer, Mar 17, 2003.

1. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I work with a girl who has a 2000 Grand Prix GTP. I kinda talked her into dumping a bunch of money into hotrodding it, and now she can run with some FAST cars. She just got Headers and a racing Cat on it to match up to her Borla exhaust. Thing sounds AWESOME. She also turned up the boost on the supercharger, cold air intake, racing tires and rims, new computer, shift kit and tranny cooler, colder thermostat. She's going to upgrade her brakes soon and I'm trying to talk her into a new Cam for it, but I think she wants to go with higher boost..

The car is awesome. I may have to post pics...

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I love those cars. My brother in law has a 2001 GTP and it hauls ass. His is a leased car, so he hasn't done anything to it, but it is still quick in stock form.

3. 4x4dreamer

Her car sounds AWESOME now...it rumbles...then the supercharger whine on top of that. Very cool. She ran it low 14's before the headers and hi-flow cat...she's gonna have to go back to the track now. She says it feels a LOT quickers, but the butt-dyno isn't always the best.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I like any GM with the 3.8 in it. I have a Bonniville and a 99 Monte carlo. Both are modified a little and are pretty quick.
    Check out this site.tharshercharged.com
    I would sure like to turm my Monte into that beast.

5. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Decided to buy one since it was the last year:
    2002 T/A SLP Firehawk #139
    [​IMG]

6. 4x4dreamer

Does anybody know which, if any, manual transmissions bolt up to the Supercharged 3.8? My friend has aspirations of dropping a 6 speed in hers when the automatic dies ( which I hear they always do).

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I know everyone in this post seems to be on a different track, but the Vibes are kinda cool! And the other day I was traveling down 60 with my g/f and we came up on this white Vibe with plates that read " GM 26". So I start wondering if it is some sort of Pontiac test vehicle. And when we were passing it, the side had the normal "Vibe" emblem, but underneath it, the was an emblem that read "Turbo"!!!!
    Pretty cool!

8. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I hate those Vibes, mainly because they can't make the Firebird anymore, but they can make POS cars like that. I can't wait to line up next to some kid driving one in my 79 TA and show him what real Pontiac power is. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. 4x4dreamer

Blaze!! Do you know if any tranny's will bolt to the 3.8...manuals that is. My friend really wants to know. I'd love to see a 6 speed on that thing...nobody has done that before that her or I can find.

10. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I really don't know. The 3.8L is a 90-degree motor, so you'd need a 90-degree FWD tranny. I don't believe there are any 6-spd FWD trannys around. Maybe a Getrag 5-spd out of a Beretta or Fiero would work. The only problem is that the Getrag is a 60-degree bolt pattern and you'd have to find an adapter.

11. 4x4dreamer

Should be able to get an adapter fabbed up though...hmmmm. I seriously need to get pics of this car...I think you guys would be impressed.

thanks for the input Blaze!
    How's the project coming?

12. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

No problem at all! I'd love to see pictures of it, too!

Which one of my projects are you talking about? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. 4x4dreamer

"My newest project. I'm going to try swapping a built Pontiac 400 and TH350 into an 85 Firebird that had a 2.8L V6 and 700R4"

that one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I'm gonna want to see timeslips from the track for that one:)
    And I want the pink slip from at least 1 honda /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

The Vibes have a Toyota engine in them /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

15. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Well, that project may be waiting for a few years now. I've decided to finish up my 79 Bandit TA first. With buying a house, restoring the Bandit, and parting out Trans Ams, I don't have the time or space for it now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

16. 4x4dreamer

Bandit's are awesome. You've got the 6.6 in that one, right? I think I already posted this link, but for anyone who hasn't seen it, check it out. Tales from the Driver's seat

17. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I love my car. It's got the Pontiac 400/4-spd in it. It hauls ass, but unfortunately looks like ass, too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. 4x4dreamer

Okay, got pics of it up in my webshots...only have about 6, but they're pretty good. Check out the GTP.

19. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Registered Member

a guy where i work is really into his Grand Prix. There is a guy in his Grand Prix Club that is running 11.9's in a GTP. That's pretty awesome in a family sedan!

20. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

That is a good looking car! I saw the new Grand Prixs on my way to work this morning. FUGLY! Looks like a cross between a Bonneville and a new Impala. They totally ruined the GP.