Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody mess with Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by zcarczar, Mar 1, 2005.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I got myself a Palm Zire 72 with bluetooth, and of course I had to get a linksys bluetooth adapter for it. Well I have one problem, I cant get it to find the DNS servers needed for it to access the internet. But I can get it to hotsync just fine.:confused:

2. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

From my experience if you can get it to Hot Sync but yer internet service isnt working that sounds like yer computer isnt automatically configuring the DNS setting. You should be able to change your DNS settings on the Palm to the real DNS servers that your desktop is using. You can find these by typing "ipconfig /all" at the command line on your desktop. These will be the DNS servers supplied by your ISP

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I figured it out, I had to go in and create a "modem" connection within windows, I also used the bluetooth software to create a wireless serial connection that would come in on COM port 8, when the computer sees this port being requested it knows that its the palm and allows it to access the LAN.

AK, I tried that, but I have a pretty big network in the house and whenever i did that I would get my routers IP address as the DNS Server and it wouldnt work with the palm. I also tried ICS, but that wont work on my router unless I was to go in and change all of the settings and IP addresses around.

4. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

I wasnt sure what kind of setup you had so I figured Id start simple, lol. I'm a smallltime Palm/Blackberry nerd here at work so I have alil experience setting them up.

Creating a modem connection would have been my next suggestion.

Glad you got it to work!