Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody miss Chris Farley?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 77Jimmy, Jul 26, 2003.

1. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I heard a promo on the local sports radio station the other day. They were using a bit from Saturday Night live w/ Chris Farly in it...the one where he has a line to the effect of..."34 years old, and lives in a van down by the river".

Man, that guy just cracked me up. I love that movie Tommy Boy. Wish he was still around.

Ok, I'll shut up now. Just wondering if there are any other Farley fans out there.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yup /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Yea he cracked me up big time /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Tommy boy is a clasic /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

we're hooked on that one too.

I work at a parts store and everytime someone says .."It's a van..." we all chime in with " DOWN BY THE RIVER! LOL

all his movies are way funny.

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

He was a very funny guy. He really followed in his "hero" foot steps till the end. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Eric

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

That has got to be one of his best skits.....the motivational speaker "LIVING IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER!"

"Sloppy Joe...slop, sloppy joe...." Watching him as the lunch lady was hilarious too. It is a good thing they rerun the SNL's on Comedy Central! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

"Fat guy in a little coat... Fat guy in a little coat!"

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

nothing to see here... move along

9. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

"Holy Schnikeys"..... "What you do?".... "Your heads the shell"..... "Daaaa Bears"

Man he was the best. R.I.P Farley /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I loved the motivational speaker!!!

I also like the:

"It was really cool....in that movie? Ya know when you dove? And the deal blew up? And..."

Famous actor: "That wasn't me"

*smacks head*

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "Fat guy in a little coat... Fat guy in a little coat!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, man, I forgot about that one!!! I can hear him singing that tune. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    anybody miss Chris Farley?

[/ QUOTE ]
    him? NO!
    his comedy, yeah.
    all illegal drug users(STILL using) shall die a painfull death, soon i hope.
    Grant

13. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Not trying to defend his drug habit or anything, but he made one hell of a lot of people laugh in this world...in my book, he goes down as doing a lot more good than harm, even if he did have drug problems. Just my opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Not trying to defend his drug habit or anything, but he made one hell of a lot of people laugh in this world...in my book, he goes down as doing a lot more good than harm, even if he did have drug problems. Just my opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you are right. but i have this thing about drugs. its a long story, but in short it ruined my sister, my family, and almost my marriage.

of all the things i hate the top of the list is drugs. a big problem is i married a woman who has done a lot of drugs. she has been clean for almost 3 years now. just after we got married. a big problem that lingers in the back of my head every day. she has gone back to them one, shortly after we got married. her one and only strike. once ore and i got to go.

there is a lot more to it. i have lost a lot of friends to them. Drug users to me are scum. nothing lower. no matter what thier life achivements are.
    Grant

15. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I hear what you're saying. Sorry to hear about the impact drugs have had on your loved ones. My best friend's sister died of a drug overdose so I can kind of relate. Doesn't matter if you're rich, poor, young or old...seems like everyone knows someone who has been affected negatively by drugs.

Ok, can we get back to quoting more Farley lines now? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

BEEs....BEEs.....BEEs!!!!

geez now that I think about it, almost every line he had in any of the moves was funny.

" Brothers don't shake hands... Brothers HUG!!"
    LMAO!!!!!

17. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Just downloaded the motivational speaker skit /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Yea he needs to not be dead... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

18. GORRILLA

GORRILLA 1/2 ton status

I can't remember right, but the scene with him and that other guy when the dear comes back to life and tears up that convertible......
    Priceless.......
    Hurts just as bad as when I heard Sam Kenison bought it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Just to add the extra pain; or when Brandon lee got killed /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

rest in peace.

19. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I always liked the Schmidt's Gay Beer skit and the Chippendale audition with Patrick Swayze! Those were both really funny! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

he was very funny and very energetic for a big guy /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif