Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody Modified Dash on 76 Blazer ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tweetysuarus, May 26, 2002.

1. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Has anyone attempted a full rewire and modifing the dash to accept Aluminum panel where the stock guages were and replacing w/ AutoMeter : 5" Speedo & Tach, 2-5/8" Fuel,Volts,Oil,Water,and a Clock?

2. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Have'nt done that but it sounds like a great Idea send me some info when you get more if you could sounds like something I would do.
    Thanks,
    Sgt. Harris

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yep it's been done a few times. Might look in that links post on the 2nd gen page and see if there is a link. somebody had a write up. Another VERY slick deal I have see somebody do is replace the factoyr gages with a set of VDO's in the stock location using the stock dash face. Whay that's nice is it alows the gages to be tilted like factory for a better veiwing angle.
    You might look at the VDO's. they sell a easy to calibrate speedo. It uses a electronic sender and basicly you run down the interstate and push a button when you pass a mile marker post and then when you pass the next press it again and it's set. No need to change drive gears and that stuff. If your worried about water and mud just find a Cruis control drive off a 70's blazer. It has a pickup that mounts off the inner fender on the driver side. you can use. doesn't have to work just make sure it's not locked up. you just need it and the short cable to relocate up out of the crud.

4. Tweetysuarus

hey thanx for the info about VDO, but already own a full set of Auto Meter Guages and don't want to use factory dash bezel. want to create custom bezel.

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

6. Tweetysuarus

i'm lookin 4 somethin inbetween the 2 vision you showed me but, Thanx anyways!