Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody near or in Virginia want to hit Jefferson National Forrest?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by MudFrog, Nov 27, 2002.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

There is a trail called Potts Jeep Road in the Jefferson National Forrest, it is about 45 min from me here in Roanoke. It's 7.5 miles long, it has some rocks and mud. If anyone is interested give me a shout.

2. ncstate hale

ncstate hale Registered Member

im coming back from college and im about 15 min from mouth of wilson VA, id be willin to come ride with ya, gotta swap axles and go to charlotte nc to pick up new tires, wheels, and bds suspension , so PM me and let me know whats up
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Just got back from overseas. When you lookin at goin? I might be interested in comin up. Yall aint but a few hours away. If I hit Marion this year for huntin I will drive right through there. I'll let you know. Maybe we could meet at a local Greasy Spoon so I could get a rest and let the truck cool down. We'll see. The wife is keeping me pretty close to home since they are talking on the news about sending us back out after we just got back. Hopefully Not! It's pretty hard to just got to the store without her or my daughter freakin out about wanting to do something alone. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's all fine though. Glad to be back though. Hopefully talk to you soon. Oh a buddy of mine is setting up a ride in GW National for Aug. If you are interested in meeting us there I'll give ya more details as they come in.

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I'm up for going about anytime, but I imagine the next time I go will probably be early March. I still have a few things that need to be done to the blazer.

I'll deffinitely be up for GW in Aug, just let me know when.

5. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

I'll let you know. But with my luck it'll never happen. Just got a call from the machine shop and they found a crack in my block. Man I was lookin forward to that engine. Oh well. I really need to change out my rear end though so I will start looking for that. I want a 12bb with a locker. Can live with the front as is for now. Money and all. The block thing didn't help none. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif But at least I can get other things done now. Maybe I can find a cheap rear somewhere. Gettin a body from a friend of a friend for free. At least that one is in better shape than mine and it's free /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Gotta love that price. Well I'll let you know. I finally get back to work tomorrow so I will ask him.
    Keep in touch. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Alright cool. I'll keep an eye out for a 12b as well, what ratio do you need? Sucks to hear about the block though.

7. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Found another engine. Free too. Man I love it when peps clean out a storage unit. And I got my 12 bolt at the house. Triin to locate perches for it. I had to cut the ones off. And I need 3.73 for the front. I am parkin the Blazer to get it done right. I am sick of doin things over the weekend and having to have it ready to come to work on Mon. I baught a ranger from a freind to use as a daily driver and it is 4x so it can trailer the blazer. I aint to sure about that though. Can't see towin my Blazer with a freakin ford. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif But that trail sounds like a good learnin place for me on rocks. I have never done rock crawlin only mud. Let me know when. I MIGHT be able to come over. Alot depends right now. Still have no word on wether or not if we are going back to do some business you know? We shall see.

8. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

We can do it whenever.. I'm need to do a few things to the blazer also. I'm picking up a set of swampers next week and I'm looking for a D60 front as well. So it will probably be a few weeks before I can do any.