Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody run shorty headers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater74, Aug 4, 2004.

1. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i'm lookin at buyin some new headers. i'm sick of the passenger shackle clearance issues and starter heat sink. also most full headers hang down very low and can suffer some rock damage, but that's not a huge issue.

so this got me thinking of some shorty headers. i could easliy route the exaust away form the shackle and tuck it up and neat.

so got any input

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

i hav them on mine as does a friend of mine. they are heddman headders made for a 350 swap into a yj and i got them from jegs. about $150

when i got mone from jegs i got mine with regular flanges, you know, the triangle w/ 3 holes. I gave my friend the same part # and he ordered his from summit and his came w/ the new style flange, kinda like a backwards cup, hard to explain. i guess its up to which one you like.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I have Hedmans as well, for an S10 with a V8 Swap though.

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

any body got a part # for me?

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I don't want to talk about Hedmans 'ball and socket collecter.'

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=garage&Number=1157830&Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1156763&Search=true&where=&Name=12916&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1157830

6. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

hmmm i like these stans headers
    kind pricy but /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I have the Hedman shorties on my Nova engine (350) after the complete install, i wish i had gone with the full length setup, the sound is totally different, and these were installed before i knew about the torque differences between the two. They still have a "header" sound, but not as much like the full length headers.

Also, the hedmans are a PITA to change a couple of spark plugs out with, the tubes cross right in front of a couple of spark plugs, don't remember right off which ones, been awhile since it was messed with. I would go with a better quality brand,,,IMO

8. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

hooker has a nice set of shorties for around $190. i've always had good luck with the Hooker brand.

9. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

I got JBA ceramic coated shortys emmission legal... Beware they are spendy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif