Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody runing spacers?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by santana, Mar 16, 2003.

1. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

The weights on my Blazers' rear drums dont allow the wheels to seat flat on the drums. Is anyone here runing spacers and are they safe? I need to clear about 3/8" and I tried some 1/4" spacers from Pep Boys but it wont work. Saw some spacers on an ad and was thinking of usin em theyre 1.5" thick and theyll even out the width with the front axle. I just wonder if they are safe... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I am using 1 1/2'' spacers on the rear of my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. They haven't given me any problems so far. Just be sure to re-torque them every 100 miles or so for the first 500 miles. The reason you should do that is because the lug nuts and the taper seat in the spacer don't always match up and as they wear in they begin to loosen and sometimes back out (and you don't want a wheel coming off in traffic!)

3. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

4. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Are there any special precautions to take as far as speed or otherwise when using them and would you reccomed them to me? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

alot of guys are running them, the ones from Echobit use a grade 8 bolt that has the back side cut like a socket so you don't have to worry about a threaded stud working its way loose... spacers