Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody running dual exhausts with clocked T-cases? I need pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RockinChevy, Feb 6, 2007.

1. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was going to go the 203/205 doubler route with the D60 but it's quite a long ways away so that's on hold. I have a lot of other priority issues that needs to be taken care of if this is going to continue as my DD.

I decided to stick with my np241 since I already have the DIY clocking ring (purchased a year ago) and will need the SYE, longer front & rear driveshafts. I just swapped over to 52"/56" springs and crossover is in the process.
    I heard most people have converted to single exhaust after clocking transfer cases. I want to keep my dual exhausts but want to find out if anybody else is running duals with their cases clocked. I need pics to see how you guys are getting around that obstacle.

EDIT: Doesn't matter what transfer case you guys have, just need info and pics to show me how the passenger side exhaust is routed around clocked flat transfer case.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Mine is only clocked to the first position:

[​IMG]

I think there is room that I'd be okay full clocked. The exhaust is 2.25" diameter. There is also room for the exhaust to move over closer to the frame rail. The fuel line actually runs outside the rail along there. In the foreground you can see the tubing bending up and around the frame. That was factory. :dunno:

3. RockinChevy

:thinking: I didn't think I could even get my pipe that close to the frame rail.... Thanks for the pic MRK5 :waytogo:
    I still don't have my 241 clocked yet but I need ideas on routing before doing so.
    I'll keep this in mind and if anybody else have ideas and pics, feel free to chime in.

4. Clod_King

Clod_King 1/2 ton status

pipes out the hood.

You'll get that oh so classy demolition car look! hahaha

5. RockinChevy

LOL I thought about that until reality kicked in.. gotta do it right without ditching so much stuff. It's already smog illegal the way it is and still getting away with it.

6. Clod_King

Clod_King 1/2 ton status

yeah stacks coming out of the hood would probably tip off the autorities to your already smog illegal truck.

Plus you'd need to fill your windsheild washer fluid quite regularly.

The latter of the two would be my bigger concern, HAHAHA!!!

7. RockinChevy

Another thing, my hooker headers' flanges are low below the framerails.... maybe I could get some shorty headers and try to route the exhaust closer to the floorpan. Not sure but maybe the pipes will clear above the 241 when clocked flat? I know the pipes will still need to be closer to the framerails but can't see how it will fit.
    My truck isn't with me, it's in the shop for the time being. I'm bored and stirring up ideas to prepare myself when it's time to chop the pipes and clock the case.

8. RockinChevy

I think I have a better idea... I'm thinking about custom headers that exit outside the framerails.... I'll have to cut back my fenderwalls but that's no big deal because I need room for the SD Furd shock towers.

Anybody out there know a reputable exhuast guy in AZ who could do this for me? I also hope the pipe routing won't interfere with my rock slider brace locations (not welded in yet)....

9. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Why do you want to keep duals anyway? Looks?,1 more pipe to smash?

10. RockinChevy

I still need the performance and horsepower...

I think 8 headers bolted to one is a bit hard on exhaust flow.

11. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I bet you wouldnt even tell the difference......I didnt.

12. RockinChevy

yeah I only wanted some ideas and see what others are doing for their setup. I do prefer to keep the dual exhaust... I'm not trying to get technical about it, ya know...just wanting to sketch up some stuff on paper and visualize the end result so I know what to do before cutting anything. Anybody's info is welcome though

13. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

ditch the duals man, if you look at every truck out there with a clocked or doubler t-case setup, they have ditched the dual exhaust and went with a single.. rock crawling doesnt need horsepower, but torque, my yellow truck had a dual 2 1/4 with some cheap mufflers and i went single with a flowey and never even looked back, more low end torque and didnt loose much top end if at all... if you really up to keeping the duals its gonna be hell trying to route it and theres gonna be lots of bends.... Nate

14. RockinChevy

Yeah that was the question in mind.. I only heard people running singles but I thought I'd ask if there are others still going duals with the t-case setup. Cool thanks Nate :thumb: I'll give it some more thought.

15. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i designed my crossmember for my clocked up 205 to clear the exhaust on the pass side. Need to get a few more things done underneither before I get exhaust ran though

DSC03862.JPG

16. RockinChevy

Are you planning on running duals in there? I'm curious how it would look.... even if you don't get it done soon, I'll hit you up with a pm later on...

17. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

when i had my tcase clocked, i kept the duals with headers. i had mine clocked all the way up and 2.5" exhaust. i ended up moving the tranny mount 1" to the left to help clear the exhaust. this in turned moved the header collector flange into the driveshaft. i bent the header to the right to help clear the driveshaft. my fuel lines were inside the frame and where faily close to the exhaust, but i had no problems at all with it. here are the only pics i have that show the exhaust.

IM000198.JPG

IM000223.JPG

18. RockinChevy

Looks like it's actually doable. I thought it would be too tight.. Thanks for the pic

19. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah I plan on running a 2.5" exhaust in the C of the frame in the notched out crossmember. I moved my fuel lines up against the top corner of the inside of the frame to try to keep them as seperated as possible and I may make an aluminum heat shield if they are close

20. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

BTT looking for more pics and ideas, thanks