Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody running flowmaster single chamber?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by xtrmjoe, Feb 2, 2005.

1. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

How do they sound/perform? Cant find much info seaching.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

From my experience they are quieter than the 40 series flowmasters. Idle seems to be a lot quieter with them but high RPM's sound a little better through the one chambers in my opinion.

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

They are just flat out loud. I don't really see how they could be quieter then the 2 chambers for the same reason the 2 chambers are louder then the 3 chambers. Less chambers = shorter body = louder tone.

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I am with Mud Frog. There was a set on my 89 p/u when I got it. Man, that thign was so ungodly loud!!!! Now they are laying beside my garage in favor of a set of 2 chambers. :)

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no idea where rjf is coming from, I know of 2 vehicles with them and both are LOUD. My 2 chamber flowmasters are louder than any 3 chamber vehicles I've seen.

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Aren't the 40series single chamber? I ran two 40s with my old 350 and they are perrty damn loud, loved it until you have to pull into the camp ground at 1am and folks shine their flash light at you to look and see what the hell is making all that noise hahahhaaa

My BBC is getting 70series, big freakin cans:D

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Nope, the 40's are 2 chamber :thumb:

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Haa Rodger That:thumb:

9. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Yup! A guy at my old college had them on his 360 powered wrangler. He had headers outside the frame straight to the one chambers under the doors. That thing would rattle the windows all over campus! :laugh:

10. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

So Emmet what are you gonna do with those one chambers?

11. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

LOL, Crazy427 beat ya to'em. But if he doesn't want them, I dont mind parting wiht them. Only thing is they are for 3" exhaust...

There are exceptions to every rule... I didn't think of this before but Ruthven13's post got me thinking. A friend of mine had one chambers on his 78 CJ7. He was running the outside the frame headers to One chambers to short turned out tips. They were 3" also and hooked to a 401. That thing sounded really nice! Just a hair louder that 40 series but still had the nice Flowmaster rumble! If my truck sounded like that, I would've never yanked them! :)

12. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, the more I do think about it.....

I have only heard the 1 chambers on the new chevies with the 5.3L engines. That is probably with both cats in and stock manifolds......they are a LOT quieter than my K5 with headers, dual 40 series mufflers, and no cats. The 1 chambers probably would be louder on my K5 than the current 40 series...

Sorry guys, I should have been comparing oranges to oranges..... :doah:

13. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

Well I did it anyway!!!

Well I just went to the muffler shop and had the exhaust crossover pipe rerouted over the back of the t-case. To fit the new y collector, cat and tailpipe the single chamber was the only muffler that would fit so I had no choice. I went from flowmaster dual chamber dual 2.5" out to single 3" out. It is actually quieter at idle, and close to the same at highway. My headers were louder than the 2 chamber before so it was louder in the cab. Now the headers are quieter than the single chamber muffler, and overall a little quieter, not quite sure why. My g-friend is very sensitive to the noise but she rode in it down there and back and likes the new set up much better as far as sound is concerned. I also noticed a increase in HP on the way home I was chirping the 37" MTR's into 2nd gear. I think she wanted a $350 valentines gift not a card and new exhast for the blazer.:D

14. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

call me dumb but anyone have a link of the single chamber flow's? i have looked and looked and cannot find them, i have 2 flowmaster 40 series delta flow on my 96 thunderbird now, its not that loud but I love the ton of it.

15. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem when I was trying to get info on them which is why I started this post. I think they are refered to as 10 series mufflers. But no mention of them that I could find on there page. They are pretty small, and the only one the muffler shop did not have opened up to see the inside.

16. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

my friends k5 runs true dual 40 series flows, 3 inch pipes dual cats and headers and they exit right behind the doors. loudest trucks ive heard so far that has mufflers. sorry to jack the thread but has anyone heard anything about hooker mufflers? the aero chamber or the maximum flow. i havent seen them or heard them i was just wondering i might put them on my pickup just for something a little different.

17. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

The single chambers are reffered to as Delta Force Mufflers, here is a link http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/deltaforce.html?id=z2ezqB99
    As far as the Aero Chamber and Max Flow, the max flow sounds like a MagnaFlow, it is a straight through muffler with strands of stainless steel as opposed to fiberglass.

The Aero Chamber is, well.. just unique, this is the first of that kind of muffler I have seen. I was going to try two on my blazer but they sent me the wrong one so I just decided to try a Super 40 instead.

Let me know and I'll see if I can find my Hooker CD with soundclips of the Aero Chamber, I'll email it to you tomorrow when I get to work if ya like.

18. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

how do you like the super 40's?

19. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

mudfrog if u can find a sound clip of the aero chamber that would be awesome i think my e-mail is in my profile. thanks id like to try something different because most of who i know has flowmasters and i dont think glasspacks will hold up offroad. anyone know of any other mufflers that are good besides flowmaster and magnaflow?

20. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I like the Super 40, I ran a MagnaFlow for 3 years, and while the MagnaFlow is constructed better and more free flowing I can appraciate the tone of the Super 40 a little bit better. The MagnaFlow has more of a deep smooth tone that a lot of late model trucks go for, while the Flowmaster sound always appeals to the old iron :)

Either which way the Super 40 is a good muffler.