Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody running Flowmasters?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jeremy_C, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I'm thinkin bout gettin a set, kinda thinkin bout buyin a used one off ebay. That a good idea??

I saw a diagram somewhere a year or so back that described the different series of mufflers. For instance, Series I LOUD out side, LOUD inside.... or what ever.

What series flowmaster did you get an do ya like it?? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

There are tons of folks with flowmasters on here. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I've got dual 40's and anything above idle or cruising is pretty darn loud. I like them. They don't really bother me when going down the road... I barely notice them. Very similar discussions have been talked about very recently about which mufflers people like. Just do a search.

I think Jeg's has a chart in thier catalogs for which is louder etc.

Generally the bigger the series number the quieter they are. Then the delta flow are a bit quieter than the standard series.

As far as getting a used one off ebay I'd say it'd have to be mighty cheap. If you wanna come down to GA you can cut the one off this 78 I'm parting out and have it for free. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'VE GOT A FLOWMASTER ONE CHAMBER AND IT'S LOUD MAN, I'M TELLING YOU, CAN YOU HEAR ME? IT'S LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Inside, outside.....With the tire size change (no gear change yet) I'm running a higher gear and cruising down the highway, it's not as bad as it was.

4. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

I've run a 40 series with no cat, it it sounded good. It had that classic muscle car sound. Pretty loud, but lots of interior resonance. On my new truck I've got a 40 Delta Flow with a cat, and it sounds good as well. Not nearly as loud inside, but nice and deep outside. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the cat. I've also run a 40 that dumped under the cab after my headers, and you couldn't have a conversation unless you were at idle.

5. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

I have 6.2 diesel with the Flowmaster 70 series. Sounds like a big block on the street.

Check out the flowmaster website. They have a page where you actually listen to the mufflers on different vehicles.

TURN UP the Volume. Sounds good with a decent set of computer Speakers.

6. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

www.angelfire.com/nc3/bowtiered click the exhaust clip. that's dual flows no cats. mine. no headers. i love it, you will to, it's mine/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I run 2 40 series and have no tail pipes anymore. I have no carpet in the back either and I dont think theyre loud at all. When I was bogging PI FL84 said it was LOUD at 6 grand but I didnt think so inside, and I had the windows up.

I do have a lot of room between the muffs and the ground so I think that helps alot. I cant hardly hear them over the Swampers.

It is a bit louder but still not anything I cant deal w/ when the back seat is out. I drove it about an hr and a half on the interstate at 65-70 MPH and I could live w/ it.

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i think a better question should be who isn't running flowmasters? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

lol.....me /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

10. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

I want to hear mine after I put in my TBI 454!!! SWEET!!!Largest single 40 series. 3" in/2- 2 1/2" outs. I like it.

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ya im not either...dynomax hear..but im heappy with them.

12. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

i was quoted 500 dollars for true duals from the cheapest guy in town so i dun think ill be doin true, but anyone runnin dual flows comin out of one high flow cat?? or would it be better just to have two pipes from one flowmaster? thanks....

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

be cheaper like that. I am puting my new completely rebuilt 355 in, in a couple days and its getting dynomax headers to about 2foot of 2 1/2" pipe then flowmaster 40 series and some turndowns shooting at the ground. Probably be real loud but that doesn't bother me at all /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Music can always be turned up. Putting all new carpet in as well so some sound deadener may be added.

14. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

When the duals were put on my truck- it was just under 1K...but the guy did a h*ll of a job- and it sounds sweet...am runnin flowmaster 40's off dual cats...with tail's turned out just behind rear tires...

Brandy

15. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have 2 trucks that have 3" 2 chamber 40-series Flowmaster's There awesome they sound great No problems at all yet /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

16. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

50 series and there loud

17. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

The 40 series(2 chamber) are louder then the 50 series(3 chamber). /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have dual 40 series on my Burb.

18. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i have dual 40 series, no cats, headers, herculined tub, no top, 2.5" exhaust, i can't hear them over the hum of the swampers at highway speeds.

19. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm runnin'50 series....
    with Hedman headers and crossover pipe...
    I like the sound of mine...it is not that loud...

20. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i think a better question should be who isn't running flowmasters? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sub came with one 3" flow. Took it off. Put on a DynoMax truck muffler, much better. Can actually have a conversation in the front seat now.