Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody running Powersticks (AKA TURBO TUBES) muffllers ??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Turbo Tubes Would keep the exhaust up out of the way. Less likely too get caught on a rock.

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

They sound BAD-ASS!! :bow: Ive run them on a 72 Nova, 86 Blazer with single 3" and am currently running them behind my 388 K20. Tho they are LOUD. About as loud as straight pipes!!! Or straight pipe after a cat if you run one. Right now I run them after 2 chamber Flows. My 450 HP 388 makes some noise. So I get 40 series sound with some race car crackle!! I like it, its different. Sound like a dragster!! I have the 3" medium length...

Now dont get them, cuz I wanna be unique!! :haha:

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i had a 2 in my last truck . built 400 sbc around 275 -300 hp. full headers and 2" pipes. the tubes were 30" long units. if easy on the gas not to bad at all. full throttle with load on them cover your ears. my friend asked me one time just how loud thay were. so i showed them off in town. 6-8 " snow on roads went 1 full block full throttle in 2x4 tires spinnin all the way. he said if it was summer out he would have thaut it was tractor pulls over at the fair grounds. thay just rattled his windows bad. :D

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Kewl kewl kewl, I think I'm going too get a set for my El Camino. I plan on headers, dual 2.5" exhaust and strait back out under the tail gate. [​IMG] I think I'll go with the long powersticks

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if you want snap and ear hurting sound for buttheads get 2" pipes it is LOUD:D

thanks for this post now i can get a nother set for my trucks.:woot: :saweet: :thumb:

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

ttt