Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody running the Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mtrdrms, Sep 2, 2005.

1. mtrdrms

mtrdrms 1/2 ton status

I am looking to get a set of the 37-12.5-16.5 and I am wondering how they hold up on the trail? road? how do they balance? Thanks

2. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

i ran them on my 95 ram and have them on my 86 k5. i think that they are a super tire. i do not get in much mud but they faired ok in mud from the few articles that i have read. as an overall trail tire, i think they are one of the best out there. as far as holding up on the road, you are not going to find a better 4x4 tire... never had an issue getting them balanced. when i had them on my ram, i rolled from AZ to WV – smooth…

3. K30Blazer

K30Blazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We have that exact tire on our Team H1 Hummer (Santa Barbara Sheriff Search and Rescue Team). Out here we got a ton of rain this winter and they saw their share of mud. We wheeled the crap out of them, pretty good tires, not sure how they are on the road, didn't do that much street with them.

4. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

my friend has 37x12.50x16 PJ dirt grips on a 4 door short bed powerstroke.
    they seam to be wearing better than my 35" bfg MT's they do great on the trail mud snow and sandstone. his left front has the most wheights and it has 4.25 oz on it my bfgs all have around 10-12 oz. they are quieter than my bfg's. and providing i can afford them a new set of 38x15.50x16 PJ dirt grips will be my next tire purchace (cant let his FORD have bigger shoes than my GMC lol). over all watching his tires they seam to be an EXELENT tire.

balzer

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

The PJs are going to be my next set in their 38" x 16.5" size.

They are reported to be a nice ROUND tire (unlike Swampers), more road friendly (quieter) and don't give up much to the other popular tires offroad....though they ARE a radial, not bias-ply.

The other downside is cost. $325ea last time I checked....so it's a substantial jump from a set of standard 38" TSLs for me.

It's a lot of coin for tires, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I like them as much as I hope. :crazy:

6. mtrdrms

mtrdrms 1/2 ton status

What size are yours?

7. mtrdrms

mtrdrms 1/2 ton status

Thanks for alll the great info guys. I think I will be getting a set for my 87! Thanks again.
    Andy

8. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

i have five 38 15-50 16's for my blazer. not mounted yet though. they were going to be mounted on my new still in the box 12x16 weld super single II's, but now i might sell the rims and go for a set of steel wheels and put the rest of the money toward some debt.