Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody running windows ME??????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Butch, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I have ME as an operating system and every time I click on image and paste a URL in for showing a pic in the post it adds one extra set of brackets and URL= in front of the HTTP. When I go back to edit the post it then has the link doubled in my post. Since I am a hammmer an torch kind of guy this plastic POS is kicking my arse. Has anyone else experienced this with ME. Fox runs windows 98 and can edit my post to show the pick no problem. When I look at his code that he edited and try to edit mine it doubles it. What gives??????????????????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

I run ME, and that stupid double whatever it does started up about a week ago, after i did the automatic update from microsoft. Took the welder to the keyboard, but no luck with that yet. I'll let ya know if I find a fix.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I run Windows ME also. Everytime I post a pic I have to erase the ( HTTP:// ) in the box. Just hold down "Backspace" till it's cleared out, then input the pic info. I cheat by useing the copy and paste method /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i run me and i dont have that problem /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I ran ME for about a month and then I shitcanned it. Went back to 98 and then up to XP. I think ME was like the 267 V8. It never was great and it got replaced pretty quick. I had the best luck with it when I removed it.

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I've got ME, but I've never paid attention to what works and doesnt. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

check windows update, sounds like a glitch that came with newer internet exploder updates...

8. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status