Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody see Guns-n-Roses on the MTV music awards last night?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NoAngel, Aug 30, 2002.

1. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I thought musically they sounded good, however I thought Axl's vocals were strained and sounded really bad. Is it just me? Everyone made such a big deal and with how much time has passed. It was a big deal, but it was disapointing.

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

nope, it's not just you. IMO they are borderline "wrinkly rockers" /forums/images/icons/grin.gif They were great back in the day, but even Axle said it himself...they are trying to "turn a buch of guys who are something else into what they WERE"!

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I feel the exact same way you do. What do you think about slashes new hair style /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif .

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I also agree that Axl sounded like crap,but the band was awesome. It's about Buckethead,and Brain! The reason Axl sounded like crap was because they have been touring in Europe,and Asia. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. OneInTheSun

OneInTheSun 1/2 ton status

I'm still a little undecided on their appearance. Axl's voice was way off. Buckethead rocks, but how can you have a G'n'R without Slash (or Duff)? The music scene could definitely use some of their good ol' fashioned ass-kickin' rock 'n' roll.

To be honest, this is the first time I've felt old watching MTV (I'm 25). I wandered, "How many of these kids know how cool Guns N Roses were?" /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

If this new incarnation wants to get anywhere, they need to get the record out now and tour like madmen. Why has "Chinese Democracy" been held up for soooooo long?

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Axl has recorded almost 50 songs. He wasn't sure which tracks to but on the album. *I read that in a mag,not too long ago* /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

7. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

Appetite for Destruction kicked ass. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I didn't see them, but I can imagine what they may have sounded like.

I like the "Krusty Rockers" thought. The stones, Aerosmith, etc...

For some reason my wife was on a Boring kick last night. We flipped between "behind the music" and the MTv awards.

Last night was the first night in about 4 years that I went to bed and she stayed up!!

I will say, though, Puffy Combs seems to have a lot more class than 90% of the people in that building... And I hate rap. We saw PDiddy in the Z100 Zootopia (big radio station concert with lotsa bands and artists from different types of music) a few months ago, and he was one of the best performers after Bon Jovi.

9. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

Axl sucks. He is the reason that Guns and Roses are not here today. He pulled to many punk a$$ stunts, and people got tired of his $hit. Now he is having to kiss that a$$ to get back into the mainstream and everyone that made the group what it was, has left. So it is not even the beginning of right to call the band Guns and Roses, it should be more like Axl and the Wanna Bees.

10. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

i agree totally and i dont think axel will ever be able to hit the notes he used to.ill remember g&r like they used to be.

11. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i remember GnR how they used to be too. and Axle couldn't sing worth a [censored] then either. don't get me wrong, i have all their stuff and appetite rocked but axle was only good for the first 3 or 4 songs in concert then went to sh!t fast. when i saw them in denver he pulled one of his tantrums and stomped off the stage for like 3 or 4 songs. all these 90s rockers are trying to come back and it just ain't happenin.

12. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

ill have to disagree because when i saw g&r they did fine maybe he just drank a little too much the night you went.

13. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i saw them on the Guns/ Matallica tour. Matallica rocked and Guns just plan sucked. not just his singing but his whole attitude. they were late to take the stage and then he stomped off like a baby. i lost a lot of respect for them after that and pretty much stopped listening to them. axle pretty much brought the band down in my opinion.

now my buddy saw them in san fran right before illusion 1 and 2 came out and said they rocked too. he still lost his voice half way through though.

good performers can sing it live every night and sound great.

14. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

i do agree with the whole he has a shitty attitude because he definately does.but music used to be good thats what i really cared for anyways.