Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody see this pic yet? 49 Irok Dually

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Fry, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Saw it at Indy. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif The rear leaf springs are less than 18" apart. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

That family has been building mall cruiser's for years. That's all you ever see come from them. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

I really don't know which one is worst the dually or the ford with 15 extra inches of lift in the background /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

It never ceases to amaze me the great expenses and technical difficulties people will go through to make something that is absolutely worthless for anything, but truck shows. I probably could have built 3 or 4 capable trail vehicles, a dirt bike, a crotch rocket, a vette, and repainted my house for the price of that show truck. But that's just me... whatever floats people's boats I guess.

6. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I'd pimp it.

7. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

I think that it is cool that a family does it together but build something useful.

8. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Their truck are not only show trucks but they use these huge beasts for plowing in the winter also! If you look at the closely in the front, they usually still have the plow brackets on them! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You know what makes me sick about show trucks? The owners don't even drive them, except off the trailer! They could have used a 10 bolt axle to make that thing.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the guy said they use em for snow plowin'... that sounds like its being "useful for something". I know I always like to talk a little smack about silly show rigs... but in this case its a family thing... some familys I know dont do anything together. So in that one respect, I think its pretty cool.

j

11. The Miozi's drive the hell out of them trucks. Last year as in 2002 the dually Ram had almost bald tires on it from running from show to show and daily driving. They are a great family to sit and talk to, they just do the show thing and they do it well. That is their family entertainment, they go to alot of shows. They also have sum duckies to built trucks like that !!

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I really don't know which one is worst the dually or the ford with 15 extra inches of lift in the background /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ] That furd has airbags, the picture you see is fully inflated. The splines on the driveshaft are about all the way extended when he has it like that. Saw it at Bloomsburg. He didn't have the 49s on there just 44s and they looked even smaller. Sibling Rivalry didn't have 49s either, I didn't really stop to look at there stuff, one of our members here had a K5 just down the lane from them /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I was more interested in that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif http://www.siblingrivalry.com/images/blmb03/blms-03-71-small.jpg Better shot of that Furd at Bloomsburg

13. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Nice tiny pic. Is there even a truck in that? I can't tell.

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

oops I linked to the thumbnail not the large pick, k10 got it though. I don't remember if it had a front driveshaft

16. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    You know what makes me sick about show trucks? The owners don't even drive them, except off the trailer! They could have used a 10 bolt axle to make that thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
    they dont use it?
    [​IMG]

17. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Check out the site too, see pics of them driving on the street to shows and getting pulled over /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

18. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

Whatever.

19. 89BlazerK5

89BlazerK5 1/2 ton status

those guys build great trucks. yes, they are show trucks, BUT, they are functional. they do not cut corners. yes, the paint is ugly, and no, they won't fit on trails, but you gotta give them some credit, they are well built. they are daily driven, and used. that Chevy is badass! with the custom 4 link and nitro shocks.

20. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Im liken the fact its a 14bolt in a dodge /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    But I though everyone said you had to run 2½tons /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif