Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody still have ECHOBIT flip instuctions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Jul 5, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I read somewhere they came with detailed instuctions that outlined all sorts of installation procedures/ scenarios.. If anybody still have the instructions laying around in their shop, if you could scan them, you would be my hero :bow:

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok the top bolt in your pic here gets bolted to the stock hangar with the sleeve insdie the hangar so you can't squeeze it together. For 52's the lower bolt should be forward of the upper bolt. You can flip them side to side for 56's. Install the spring into the bottom of the shackle, and the other end to the forward spring hangar. Attach axle with U-bolts, and install driveshaft. Put some tires on and go:D I haven't put mine on yet, but I think you are overthinking how simple it is:wink1:

[​IMG]

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Which is left and which is right?

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't think it matters just have the lower shackle bolt forward for 52's and rearward for 56's

5. 78Suburban

I wonder if it can be done without taking off the rear u bolts, driveshaft, or front spring eye :thinking:

That's what I was hoping/planning on, but it almost looks like if I take the stock rear shackle off and and try to jack up the rear, that the rear spring eye is just going to catch/rest on the stock shackle bracket (the giant one that is riveted to the frame)......

anybody ever installed one without taking off u bolts?

6. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I did, hi lift, pry bar, and a 2x4. Jack up the rear until the tires are barely on the deck, 2x4 between spirngs and frame, pry bar between end of spring and spring hanger.:D push/ pry and snap it all goes into place.

7. 78Suburban

thanks for the advise... looks like I've got an excuse to go ahead and order a hi-lift :deal: :D

8. Scott A

Scott A 1/2 ton status

ECHOBIT................ Everytime I hear that name I get mad. that guy ripped me off. I paid for a shackle flip on 11-18-03, and I never got it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yeah, he tried to do the same thing to me. After several e-mails with a run of the mill response i got angry. I told him my situation and how I NEEDED the flip immediately and he somehow shipped it out the next day. I believe I got one of the very last ones if not the last one. Im still waiting on some shimms though....:rolleyes:
    -Harrison

10. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

I wish someone could start making them again. How much did he charge for them?

11. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

If Im not mistaken I got the last one, and only because I got the attorney general's office involved.. That guy was incredible