Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody try "brakelock"?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Longfinger, Apr 11, 2000.

1. Longfinger

Longfinger Registered Member

Anybody try \"brakelock\"?

Anyone got a Brakelock anti-theft device? I'm thinking of getting one. Want to know from someone who has one what they think of it.

Thanx,

Longfinger

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Re: Anybody try \"brakelock\"?

is this one of those thingys that lcks your brake pedal to your steering wheel?(preventing the pedal from being depressed) If so, i have one on my 65 chevelle. It is pretty simple yet effective, but it has the same downfalls as the club. if they cut the wheel, they're in anyway. but for joyriders i would say its pretty effective. Mine is bright red so you can see it from outside.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

3. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

He's probably taking about this: http://www.brakelock.com/. (Locks your brake system, not just the pedal)

Looks like a nice idea, but I'm leary on anything that could potentially screw up when I don't want it to be on, and lock my brakes going 70mph!

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya and what about fade? It seams that most brake locks fade in time and lose the pressure! Also if the pressure is constant for log periods wouldn't the break seals be the first to go? Break parts would need to be replace much sooner too, I would think????
    Hmmmm, good Idea thou as long as thease first impressions I have are wrong!![​IMG]

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG]