Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody try "Slime"

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dontoe, May 31, 2004.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Anybody try \"Slime\"

I wonder about the green "slime", if it causes balance problems or tire removal/replacement problems? Will it corrode the aluminum or steel wheels?

2. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Re: Anybody try \"Slime\"

Green slime worked great when I used it on a couple of quads with Aluminum rims. Bitch to get the tires off afterwards though. I think you are supposed to slime the tires, and then spin them for a while so that is even. I slimed the tires then went out riding for a while on them and it worked great. If there was a balance problem with slime I think you would notice it on a light quad spinning the tires that fast.

-Chris

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: Anybody try \"Slime\"

I was thinking about slime on our applications yesterday, like noted, you put it in, spin the tire so it evens out. Suppossed to be pretty well aired down too, air it up and it helps spread it. And yes, go to and ATV shop and ask them about demounting a slimed tire, anyone who has done it will grubble and cry. I remember last time we got new tires for the Polaris a friend of ours that works at the shop realized it was us who brought in the rims that had slimed tires, man did he flip out. I was being stupid when thinking about using slime in buggy tires though, remembered that to balance them I would use Equal and well the mixture would just be a mess in the tire.