Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody used a PTO Cable to engage your doubler NP203?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have a little bit of a delima when I think about how many shifters will be sticking through the floor on my K5. As not to get "knob-itus", I have decided to use a PTO cable setup to engage the NP203 box. My setup has the NP203 clocked upside down for more clearance so I can't use the traditional tri-stick or twin stick setups. The lever is now on the left side (drivers side).

Layne (K5BLT4FUN) gave me the idea to use a PTO cable and I have been researching and found some lockable cables which twist lock into place. They can be mounted on the other shifters and I can shift the NP203 easily. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Layne for the idea! Actually, we had discussed using a lawn mower throttle cable with the Hare and Turtle to symbolize Hi and Lo!

Anybody use this idea? Where did you get your PTO Cable? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> McMaster-Carr also sells universal control cables that you can put clevis ends on, it might work for your application. I was thinking of trying to use one for my t-case e-brake. Clevis ends

They also have the control levers, but I didn't bother linking to that page. If you're interested in it then I can find it for you.

[​IMG] </font color>

[​IMG]

3. Mudzer

Even better. I could still have the third shifter in the same hole as the others and use clevis' on both ends. Real good idea.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Cool, happy to help. Let me know if you need any help finding the control levers, I have a soft copy of the McMaster-Carr catalog and it's a little easier to browse than the catalog. I'm getting pretty good at searching the website too though. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

5. Mudzer

OFF TOPIC!!! Just got a chuckle from your webshots, and I quote...

"If you can get high centered on a rasin, youre in trouble".