Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody used the smittybuilt cage?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1990K5, Jun 19, 2001.

1. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

im going to purchase one of these today or tomarrow, the full cage kit, and then tie the legs togather front to rear and across the back floor. anybody ever puchased one of these befor? quality? fit? i got 4wp to go $272.00 w/shipping and tax. any input would be appriciated, thx--j.c.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

A friend put one in his 72. The bends were right but it does require fitment. That meand you will need to trim the legs for correct hight. Looked good when he was done. Reasonable price if you don't have a bender.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    Grim-Reaper

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I have one of their cage kits that ties in to the factory roll bar on my 75. Haven't installed it yet, but just a trial fitment assured me that it isn't an exact fit as shipped. Due to manufacturing tolerances when the trucks were built, the cage kit is made with the ends a little too long. You have to trim and fish mouth the tubes to fit your particular truck.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</A>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yes, I have the full kit in my '87. The rear kit (the center hoop and rear kickers) is a bolt in affair, but the front kit does require some sutting and welding, but nothing terribly hard. For the money, I think it is a great kit.