Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody want to help install a D60 on Friday?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Shaggy, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I got the 14 bolt installed today, the 60 MIGHT go in on Friday, not sure if I want to rassle with it by myself though. If I had a helper though, I would probably be more inclined to dive into it. Any takers? </font color>

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Evan, depending on how I feel, (got the cold thing going on right now) I might be able to help you on saturday after I get off work at 3:00pm. Let me know.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> That's cool, not sure what I have goin on on Saturday but that might work. I'll let you know. I really don't need much other then some help with grunt getting the fawker under there. I was planning on doing both axles by myself, but I probably would have given myself a hernia if my brother hadn't been here to help with the 14 bolt. If nobody can help on Friday it's no big deal, I'll just finish up the brakes and stuff on the 14 bolt.</font color>

4. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

What time did you have in mind for Friday? I have to wait for someone to pick up my old 10 bolts but other than that I should be free. My 60 goes in this Sunday so the practice wouldn't hurt.

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

if i had a way to get there and back i would help ya out...but DMV sucks...so hum

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i'm down. I have a BFH too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

what time on Friday?

7. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Evan, what time did you want to do this at? Do I need to bring any tools? We should be able to have that in in about a hour.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Wooo, didn't expect anyone to actually want to help! Noon on Friday sound OK? That should give everyone a chance to sleep off Thanksgiving dinner and give me a chance to go buy some beer. If you need to know where I live just PM me and I'll give you directions. Thanks guys! This should go pretty darn quick with 3+ people working on it. I have all the tools that we should need, but if anyone has a torque wrench that goes to 200lb/ft then I can actually torque the u-bolts instead of just hitting them with the impact until they are "tight enough". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

no tengo 200ft/lb torque wrench.

10. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

What size are the nuts? My 3/4" drive torque wrench should work if I have the right size socket.

11. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Dammit! Why the hell do ya have to live all the way down there in frickin San Jose....I'd love to come down and help...I think it's like a damn 3+ hour drive though. Ugh....Hmm, Think maybe You'd PM me your Adress so I can check for sure? Maybe I'll ride down anyways. I've got the GF's truckwhile she's in Oregon for T-day...It doesn't get single digit MPG. AND I've got a brand new $259 Matco torque wrench that would be perfect. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW.....You still got those 38's?

12. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Shaggy....
    I'll have to see what time the family is planning on having leftovers on Fri... but i would like to come by to meet you and have a look at yer toys. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ryan

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> OK, don't recall exactly what size the u-bolt nuts are, they're somewhere around 15/16 or so. Whatever a 5/8" nut usually is. Looking forward to seeing you guys! So, just so I know how many to expect, who's planning on going, and about what time are you going to show up? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font color>

14. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i thought the time was noon /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

15. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Well yeah, but I was just amking sure in case somebody was going to show up later. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Noon is cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

16. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Noon is cool, but if you wanna start earlier, just lemme know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I'll probably be out in the garage by 10 or so, just tinkering, but I usually don't like to fire up the air tools until after 11 or 12 just to keep the neighbors happy. I'm lazy so I gotta have the air tools... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I gotta go buy Mechanic Chow at some point too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I just remembered, the u-bolts that I got made for the front are too long, if someone has a sawzall or some other cutting device that will go through them quick that would be cool. Normally I would use my angle grinder with a cutting disk but the grinder broke a few weeks ago. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I do have a die grinder that will work in a pinch, and there's always the hacksaw, but that's no fun. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif</font color>

18. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Greg's got my cutoff wheel but i'll bring my grinder and my baby (my sawzall)

19. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Dammit dammit dammit.....To drive 174 miles or not to drive 174 miles- THAT is the question.....Hey Evan, IF I do drive down there.....I don't suppose you'd have a corner in the house somewhere for me to crash? I'm not into driving over 300 miles in one day....hehe... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

20. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

oh you sissy!!!

i drove all night to go to the ALMS races in L.A.
    Slept 2 hrs. watched the races and drive right home!

300 miles? pppfffttt... i scoff in you general direction /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Come AWN! Haven't seen you in a while /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif