Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody watch Rides on TLC??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4x4dreamer, Feb 27, 2003.

1. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

It followed Chip Foose getting cars ready for the SEMA show. BAD ARSE!!!! They had Christopher Titus 56 Chevy, the "Grand Master", and a new T-bird getting the Foose workover. Plus they showed some other cars he's done. That guy is an artist!!! I like Titus because he's got that beautiful new car, and he's gonna drive it on the street. He says it will never see a trailer, cuz if you don't drive it, it's not a hotrod.
    If you missed it, make sure you catch it, I think it comes on again on Sunday.

2. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

That was a great show.....I would be interested in knowing what was the cost of the cars. Amazing craftmanship! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 4x4dreamer

that show made me want to quit my job and try building custom vehicles...to bad I wouldn't be able to pay the bills that way. I might give it a shot someday just to see what I can do. I've had plans for a mid engine car in my head for years.

4. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I like Titus because he's got that beautiful new car, and he's gonna drive it on the street. He says it will never see a trailer, cuz if you don't drive it, it's not a hotrod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you notice that in the next shot they were taking his car out of a trailer at SEMA..... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

That tripped me out, he said it will never go on a trailer and then it showed them taking it off one. Foose probably made him do it so he didn't have to scrub bug guts off of before SEMA. That was an awesome show, though. I'd love to do that stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 4x4dreamer

He hadn't taken possesion of the car yet. Foose had to keep it until SEMA, he was taking it for the first ever drive at the speedway. After SEMA he was going to drive it back from Vegas to LA. I love the bit about Charlie Sheen. "you can be anywhere in Beverley Hils and see a Lambroghini or a Bentley on every corner, but I'll be driving this thing around and Charlie Sheen will walk up and ask where he can get one, and I'll say, 'you can't'." That was awesome.