Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody with a HD?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by DesertDueler, Jan 13, 2002.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I was wondering who has a new HD with the diesel and the allison tranny.? How are they holding up and how many miles fo you have on them thanks. I am trying to decide between it and the f350 SD.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

2. roostr3269

roostr3269 1/2 ton status

I have the 6.0 in mine. U want to talk to Mudnurl.

live to wheel, wheel to live--1972 gmc jimmy 8 inch lift, 37" ssr's

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Here I am --
    we have a 2001 2500HD D/A and couldnt be happier.... I can compare it to the PSD and also the cummings, johns brother had a 95 cummings- traded it for a 2000 PSD, and just traded back for a 2001 cummings- I have driven all of the above,,, what do you want to know? We have 11,000 miles on it. got it 10-30-02. If you want more opinions go to
    <a target="_blank" href=http://thedieselpage.com>thedieselpage.com</a> That is the place for any and all info you will ever find for these trucks. there are some people that have problems- a tick, lopey idle, cruise control issues,, however everything but the tick has been taken care of on every person's rig over there. There is a BIG post about the tick- GM says its okay, but people don't like it. It is depending on what you run for oil-- we have found that out, on that board. I will tell you that if you do get one- be prepared to never be home- you are going to want to be in it ALL THE TIME!
    Here are the options, and hoopla ours has
    like I said 2001 2500 HD D/A- Crew Cab- (that means 4 FULL doors for those of you that didn't know) 6 foot bed. bucket seats, full power- windows/locks/seats/mirrors, etc.. we also got the compass and temp gauge in the mirror..uumm- cd/cass-climate control/cruise, etc.. basically everything but the leather seats...the only complain that I have with the truck is that they should have seperate climate controls for the rear if you have a crew cab- the kids are cold, but I'm hot, etc.. with the tahoe/burb's, they have there own controls-

oh yeah I almost forgot- the difference between the crew cab and the extended cab- from front bumper to end of the cab- is 8 1/2 inches- THATS A LOT for the back seat passangers!

One of John's other brother's has a 2001 2500HD 8.1/A combo- and he loves his as well... good luck if you have any more questions, let me know!

---Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

4. DesertDueler

Yea I want the crew cab long bed dually. I like they way they looked lowered. That and it will tow better lowered. Its good to hear that you have 11,000 on it and no probs. Do you know anybody that has high miles on them yet? Like in the 40-50,000 or above. I just am wondering how they will be long term, because the powerstroke diesel has proven to me thats its in it for the long run.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

over on thedieselpage, there are people with TONS of miles- these guys tow with there rigs, and I mean tow! Yes there are some with problems, but with any rig- they have problems... There is a guy over there, John Kennedy- from kennedy diesel- who seems to know everything about them, and he uses his hard- has dynod it etc... the guy knows his stuff- like I said- if I was to buy another one today- it would be the same one I have! good luck to you!

--Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

6. DesertDueler

I want to be able to tow my Jimmy from here to Moab with no problems. It going 1 ton and 39.5s so it will be alot heavier. Maybe even a 2 car trailer so My buddies heep can go to.

7. bigbadburb

bigbadburb 1/2 ton status

i have a 02 shortbed duramax crewcab 4x4 that i love! Pulls great and plan on doing a sfa conversion in a year or so!

72 subueban 44s,fi bigblock ,th400 doubler,etc,etc