Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody with Honda meckanickin background?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by justhorsinaround, Oct 17, 2004.

1. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

The clutch on Jenn's 95 Civic EX seems to be just about at the end of it's usefullness. I was wonderin how big a pain in the behind it is to do yourself and or how much it might cost to have done. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

There is a place that does nothing but hondas on grand ave...right before you make the left turn into UTI from grand ave there is a motel...they are behind the motel and in the same lot as a jack in the box....they did all the work on my wifes honda for years...until we moved to colorado...one of the guys who works there races in the whiplash desert series and has a white K5....i'll be down there next week...need to pick his brain (Ivan) for a wierd one with our 89 SI.

DW

3. justhorsinaround

Is Ivan the type of person that might be willin to work for beer and steak and swappin stories? If not, did you ever have to replace a clutch usin his services? Oh, and thanks for the reply. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Just do it your self very easy.
    If you need the directions let me know I can print them out for you. If you have any questions let me know I can answer
    them I have 10 years honda exp /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

Allan im willing to help u out if u need it. im no honda tech but im up for trying anything.

6. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I've changed a few (many) honda clutches, they are just like any other if your a strapping lad you can lift the trans in with out a jack, I'm not really big and I've done it.????? just ask /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. justhorsinaround

Thanks so much guys! Directions would be great and hopefully it will go better than doin the brakes yesterday. After I had the front brakes all apart I come to find out that Checker sold me the wrong pads and the right pads were a short 15 miles away at a different store altogether. So after some 2 hours later all was well with brand spankin new DUST FREE (yea right) pads and unwarped rotors.

Oh also, since the tranny apparently has to come out how much do y'all think it would be for a newer 5 speed?

8. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Hey Alan,

There is an adjusting rod on our 93 Civic that goes through the firewall from the clutch pedal to the clutch cylinder, ours has a jam nut that periodically comes loose and needs adjusted, I have to adjust it about once a year. Hopefully this will fix your problem too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

PM me for more info

9. justhorsinaround

Well there's a thought. I'll check that out here in a bit.

Thanks Jeff!

10. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif