Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyobody else ever pull out big rigs?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FMJ, Jan 31, 2005.

1. FMJ

FMJ Registered Member

I find myself pulling dump trucks out of the snow quite often these days with my silverado. Worst one was when I had to pull out a loaded international tandem that was stuck on a slight incline in about 3 inches of snow. Took of few good jerks, but I got him out.:)

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I pulled out two at work. One in the mud and one jack-knifed in the ditch. Impressed the locals!

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

a local truck driver from his frt yard bob tail. been sitting for about 3 weeks and frozen in ice and sitting in pockets in ice. my 1ton crew 2x4 poped him out the 3rd yank.

4. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

Yeah all the time at work... damn drivers aren't paying attention where its soft before they decide to dump... pulled one out today... but with this :grin:

picture 046.jpg

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey I recognize that loader. At least one just like it. I was wheeling in a Gypsum mine/pit and dropped a wheel in a hole the loader rolled a boulder out of. Nothing to winch to in sight. Long story short, he pulled up and let me hook my winch cable to him. Before I could hit the button he pulled me out.

Moral of the story: Bought a high lift jack.......carry shovel.

6. k5blazin

k5blazin 1/2 ton status

Nothin runs like a deere!!:cool1:

7. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've pulled out a bob tailed Kenworth and the UPS truck before. Both were stuck in dead sand.

8. FMJ

FMJ Registered Member

Last week when my dad had a bunch of trucks removing snow with him, one of the other companys boss had his 1 ton dodge cummins there to pull the any of his trucks out. According to my dad he gave her a little to much gas pulling one out and broke somthing. We still havn't heard from him as to what happened but he said they are pretty sure it is junk now.

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

10. FMJ

FMJ Registered Member

For sure.

We owned CAT for several years but the damn thing broke so much the dealer stopped fixing it and screwed us out of a lot of money. Now we own 3 Deere's and rarley have problems.

Funny story on how bad CAT sucks: One of my dad's ex-employees started his own buisness with cat and Ford(opposite of us). They would bid a lot lower then us in order to get work, and ended up taking on a job for one of my dad's friends that involved excavating out under a house. They did all the work they thought they had to do, but, the inspector came by and told them they had to take out a a piece of the old foundation that was about 5ft deep X 2 ft wide X probably close to 10ft long (HEAVY) that was completley buried in the dirt under the back corner of the house. They tried for I think 2 days to get it out, and finally call my dad to do it. So, we stop by on our way to another job with our little (compared to their machine) 410G backhoe loader deere. Took me and him 45 minutes to pull it out, and at times my dad had all four wheels off the ground, balancing on the stabalizers, sliding toward the house trying to pull it forward enough so he could break it up. A lot of that is expierience, but they said they tried to same thing.

11. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

We have three Deere loaders at where I work and mine is the biggest of the three. I think the main reason we run them is because they are great loaders and affordable unlike the cats which are way more expensive. I love em, great tractors to run.

I've pulled out a few pickups and other misc. vehicles in the sand pit I work in and it feels like there is nothing behind me. Now I had to pull out a loaded truck and pup on a hill, that was a little different, thats like 102,000 pounds :D

12. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I pulled out 2 AAA tow trucks to get to a family member's 2003 Navigator.

Dumbass tow truck drivers :mad:

Between the Navigator extraction (4 hours) and an half day F250 extraction I wore out my XD9000i. Lucky for me the F250 owner gave me $200 and the owner of the Navigator bought me an M12000 :grin:

13. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dad owns a commercial trucking business, 14 trucks of our own and another 10 subs. I am always messing with trucks.

About 1 year ago I pulled one of our trucks with my K5 about 5 miles to the shop. He weighed in just a tad under 40K, truck and a set of doubles empty.

About 2 weeks ago. ANother one of our trucks was trying to make it to the mechanic shop, but the computer shut the motor off about 2 miles from the shop. I pulled him with my DODGE CUMMINS this time the rest of the way and was LOADED this time with a gross weight of about 86K(including my wieght of about 7K). I even got up to 25mph. :D

AS for JD, I have 3 pieces of of JD equipment. Those motors are VERY good engines and I am contemplating swapping in an inline 6 JD into our F600 service truck. I would love to put it into a chevy 1 ton because it would be completely original.