Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyobody on here runnin line lock>????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wild-will, Sep 24, 2003.

1. wild-will

wild-will 1/2 ton status

l

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

not on my truck, but I used to run them when running small-cube drag racers and in my Nova in high-school.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

yeah, line locks are kind of a drag car thing or just fun for doin' brake stands without the brake. Don't really see the need in a truck though?

4. gmule

gmule 1/2 ton status

I have thought about using line locks to lock up the front brakes along with the rear while using my vehicle to winch another vehicle. Two extra brakes holding the load couldn't hurt

5. rjfguitar

Just push your foot to the floor on the brake it's the same thing. Unless you only have brakes on one axle or something

6. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

line lock's
    dont leave home with out em
    tastes great
    less filling
    ok i guess i gotta explain this to ya all guess were do i begin
    1. like he said lock up all 4 and get outhe truck go hook up the cable and the remote winch trigger with 10' cord stand off in a safe place while your buddy (the ONLY outher person with ya ya know the sucka that got stuck on the side of the embankment ) stays in his rig to steere it to solid - safe ground
    2. so your out at the dunes and ya lose traction at wheel and its want s to dig a hole straight to hell
    well stop spining and LIGHTLY line lock that 1 whell to kick in the posi or limited slip even better
    3. here is the fun 1 so you still at the dunes and ya decied to give em a show with out blasting your self or stressing your drive lines to much more
    simple line lock just your 2 front wheels and let the clutch out and give em a R O O S T they wont soon forget /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    4. some jerk decieds to try to steel your rig all your line locks are set on ( most people dont know what they are and ya can even get locking covers for em ) so he breaks the colum and gets your rig started trys to drive away and the truck wont move W.T.F. so he reves it higher and pops the clutch breaks the driveshaft with a load clunk and wakes you up you look out the window and see what going on and grab the shot gun ( you know the rest )
    come on how many more advantages do ya want me to list for crips sake
    yea there a pain in the az to plumb but rember the ole line
    " do it right do it once "
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    sincerly the DOC
    can i get a AMEN ???

7. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Amen!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

Halilua 1 outher brouther has seen the light and is saved
    P.T.L.
    Thanks CRUSH !!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I use a Line Loc on the rear brakes for Cutting Brakes. I have a twin sticked NP205 and it works nicely (when I can get the rear out of gear - see other post...) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

I run line-lock on my rig its a simple e brake that will pass in tech inspections and works great on the trail.

11. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I run line-lock on my rig its a simple e brake that will pass in tech inspections and works great on the trail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortuneately in most states line locks are not adequate for e-brakes as it still uses hydraulic pressure, most require a cable/lever operated mechanical e-brake. It also depends on *WHO* is doing the "inspections".

12. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

I run a line lock and use it all the time for many of the reasons listed above, as a matter of fact I just did the rooster in the dunes thing and it did look cool plus its a little cheeper then smokin the boggers on the street. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

Someday I'll have a roll-control setup on my truck. It's basically an electric linelock. You can get them so they run on only 1amp. That's 12watts. That's like nothing. You can leave it locked overnight and your battery won't hardly notice.

It'd come in handy when you need it. Plus, you could lock it when your foot is off the brake and then press on the brake so pressure only goes to the front tires. It'd make mighty easy burnouts, especially for people with rear disc.

14. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

maybee you could get a line lock simalar to that off an old subaru. They used them as a hill holder for the manual trans to help the litle old lady out on the hills. Should be cheep?

15. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    Plus, you could lock it when your foot is off the brake and then press on the brake so pressure only goes to the front tires. It'd make mighty easy burnouts, especially for people with rear disc.

[/ QUOTE ] That is what a line lock was designed for.

16. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

I thought they were designed for parking brakes. That's what the one in my Dad's sandrail from Bell is used for. And it was put in there 20 years ago.

17. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i bet if you turned all the way left, then locked up the front left, then FLOORED IT, i bet it would be pretty cool. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    i bet if you turned all the way left, then locked up the front left, then FLOORED IT, i bet it would be pretty cool. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] You guys are killing me! That is what a line lock was designed for. It is used by drag racers to help "heat" the tires up and hold the car at the starting line to keep from going across it too soon.