Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone 18-25, i got a question about insurance $$$$$$$

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Silver84k5, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

If you dont mind answering this, im wondering what people are paying for insurance on their Rigs.... i think im getting anally raped, with 220 a month, full coverage. am i off base?

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

way off base so screw off LOL LOL
    i pay 190 a month for state minimum on my 87 turbo 4runner, and was quoted not 3 dollars more for the k10 a month when it hits the road.... so i think yer gettin off easy...

3. Silver84k5

it was 190 a month ago, but they saw my record, Which for one isnt that bad, only one speeding ticket which is two years old and one redlight ticket which is damnear three years old, All my other tickets are seatbelts and expired tags.....

4. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I'm 25 and pay $130 a month for full coverage on my 79 k5,
    and 99 S-10 blazer,and liability on my 76' K5, and a 89 accord.

5. Silver84k5

6. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I forgot to add my first and only ticket I had was when I was 16 but I'm sure now that I said that I will get pulled over REAL SOON /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I was paying $140 a month for full coverage, 2 tickets on my jeep cherokee. same rate on my burb. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I was only paying $50 a month for liability only on the Jimmy

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Well, I'm gonna go ahead and post up my rates just to piss you guys off. But you gotta remember, I'm married with children and almost 33 next month. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Our 2000 GTP is $70 per month with the $50 deductible.
    Our 1995 Grand Am is $50 per month, also with the $50 deductible.
    My 1985 K30 was also $50 per month with the $50 deductible until it got hit by a hail storm and I collected the damages from that. After that, I dropped the insurance to liability and now I only pay $10 per month on it.

So, for 3 vehicles, I pay $130 per month. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Wanna know the secret? Get married, have kids, and turn 25 years old. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Silver84k5

[ QUOTE ]
    Wanna know the secret? Get married, have kids, and turn 25 years old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ill save more money paying 220 for insurance a month, instead of paying for a wife and kids ;P...

10. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I just turned 25, no accidents or claims to date. I dont have full coverage, everything except replacement though.
    I pay $119 for four months, so like $357 a year for 2 full size v-8 4wd blazers /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    Add another $179 a yr payment when I had a motorcycle (that was 6 months coverage).

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Wanna know the secret? Get married, have kids, and turn 25 years old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ill save more money paying 220 for insurance a month, instead of paying for a wife and kids ;P...

[/ QUOTE ]

You can still be where you are at now when you are married with kids. Wanna know the secret, again?

Make the wife get a good job. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i pay $150 a month liability only on my suburban and im 19. my roommate however has an 03 F-350 4x4, PSD crew cab and a totally clean record and pays $480 a month full coverage. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

$170 a month for full coverage on my 2000 Ranger 4 by. I have three not at fault accidents almost three years old and no tickets or moving violations of any kind.

14. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

They just raised my rates.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    So now I am paying $415 for 6 months /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif and that is for full coverage on the Blazer and liability on the Elco. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I've had 6 speeding tickets, and 3 or 4 accidents and some other crap, but they have 'rotated' off my record....the last two tickets were just 18 months apart so I got to do traffic school for both of them/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Oh and I'm 25. most of that was when I was a little younger. Damn I'm getting old!!

15. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Im 20 and was quoted $143 but decided to just have my mom add me to their insurance and pay $50.

16. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Im 20 and was quoted $143 but decided to just have my mom add me to their insurance and pay $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of my dads had his son on their insurance, he got into a really bad wreck, that wasn't his fault, but it killed his passenger (girlfriend). The girlfriends parents sued and took everything they had and his dad has to put 50% of everything he makes basically for the rest of his life into a payment fund for 'damages' paid.

I was on my own insurance at 18, dad still paid it till I graduated college but its all in my name not his incase of an accident I dont put everything he has worked for up for grabs. Having your own insurance can be good even though its alot higher.

17. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Is cycle insurance any different, would it be more expensive?

18. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

here you dont have to have insurance on a bike if its all payed off and you have like 25k in life insurance..

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of my dads had his son on their insurance, he got into a really bad wreck, that wasn't his fault, but it killed his passenger (girlfriend). The girlfriends parents sued and took everything they had and his dad has to put 50% of everything he makes basically for the rest of his life into a payment fund for 'damages' paid.

I was on my own insurance at 18, dad still paid it till I graduated college but its all in my name not his incase of an accident I dont put everything he has worked for up for grabs. Having your own insurance can be good even though its alot higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 19, I forgot to mention that. Do you have liability only insurance?

If the wreck wasn't his fault, the other person's insurance would have paid, so that story is BS. If the other person didn't have insurance, uninsured motoroist coverage would pick it up. If he didn't have that, he didn't have sufficient insurance. Either way, it is a result of being underinsured if you're not covered, not that you're on with your parents.

You've been on your own since you were 18 huh? Obviously you haven't checked what that costs lately. My insurance already costs more than my car payment, I can't imagine what it'd be if I was by myself (probably over $300 a month!!).