Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone a Police officer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CaveBlazin, Dec 23, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just wondering I just got hired on my Police Dept and was wondering how you like what you do. I start the academy in 3 weeks and its 22 weeks long. I hear its one of the hardest academies in the U.S. Im very excited I just hope my Marine Corps Unit does not get called up.... Let me know what yall think.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Cops suck.

Deputies rule :D

Congratulations.

If you're prior military and the academy is trying to play para-military, then you'll probably laugh, but you will also be looked upon for your experience to help your classmates out in some facets of the academy. The academics are not all that hard. I've been through two state certified academies and the last one I never studied and finished in about the top 10%.

If ya have anymore questions, feel free to drop me a line anytime.

And once again, congrats................... :D

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

im thinikin about becoming a cop when i get out, id rather be a small time county sheriff tho, or a game warden somthin like that where i can get out a little more,mabye make my K5 a tax write off:D :D

4. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

they are always lookin

every county needs a sheriff BUFERD T. JUSTICE !!!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

5. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

If you like working in gawd awfull weather, dealin with Jerry springer cast members, wrecks, dead bodies, working lots of overtime, and not getting rich; YOU'll LOVE THIS JOB.

I've been a deputy for bout 3 years now and I love it. I cant imagine doing anything else. Its a different job, nothing else is even close.

BRB is right, if your prior military that acadamy "aint nutttin but a thang." The first few weeks will be pure hell, trying to weed out the wanna-be's.

County Mounties Rule, Citie Kiddies Suck :D

3rd shift is the real pole-leece :saweet:

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

:D :D :D

7. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

ive been at it 7 years. if you made USMC i doubt there is an academy in the country that compares. you can walk away from an academy, when you want.

8. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Great. Another oppressor of the people. I bet you can't wait for your Rodney King, eh?

Hah hah hah! Congrats man, and good luck. Just so you know, I am definitely pro-oppression. We're counting on you!

9. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I just got out of the business after 7 years. Listen to your friends and family. Being a PO will change you!!! I did not like the person I became after being a cop, and I decided to get out.

I would rather be happily married and be a good father than be a cop. I am glad I had the experience and helped out alot of folks, but i would never do it again.

10. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ohhh Great There Are Giving Spence A Gun And A Badge....... Guess I Need To Figure Out Another Way Around.........

Just Kidding, good luck. Hey is the beast done yet?

James

11. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I did 20 in L.A as a deputy.....5 in Maryland as a State Trooper..from the ghetto to the mountains
    I worked the jail for 6 mos and then patrol, full time swat(SEB) k9 and mountain rescue... ended my career as a sergeant... had the beach team in malibu in the summers,, shorts/quads and my k5... I got to fast rope out of ch64s and wear suits at the academy awards.. I have spoken to hookers and presidents (Regan and Bush sr) I got to see everything from the last of AMC 401 matadors, the nova SS police special to the tahoe pursuit package (give me the nova) I saw an ending era of no handlheld radios to the advent of mdts
    I got center punched by a duece on a traffic stop one night... ended my career and changed my life forever... I miss it every day... now that Ive been a civilian for awhile I only wish I could take what I have learned and go back... but one cant in life so take every opportunity, every training class every bit of extra information you can get,,, you can never have enough to be a good copper... and remember it takes five years to build yourself into a good policeman if you try and if you want it.... 20 percent of the coppers do 80 percent of the work,,, be a hard charger not a donut eater....otherwise why go through the BS,,,,
    You will find the time in the corps will be a real plus for you... and you will find your time in a radio car the best times of your life... if your lucky enough to get a long term partner who isnt a slap-d_ck you will have a relationship with another person that will be as good as any marriage
    It will be satisfying to go hunting every night... local "terrorists" who prey on others... work earlies and leave day shift to the pretty boys
    BE IN SHAPE, Stay in shape...box do karate wrestle heck do something ... most of the non military coppers today have never been in a fight before..... heck in LA most of them are still living with mommy and daddy...

always have a positive attitude...
    I have nothing bad to say about my department...
    if you can say that when youre done you have succeeded in life

1800ADEPUTY.. put a star in your future...
    We are hiring all the time... starting pay about 55k a year,,, most new deputies are making close to twice that with overtime...
    and yes its expensive and SUCKS bigtime living in LA

Write us coppers anytime... but you will be too busy playing the academy game so we will catch up with you after youre off training... dont get hurt grab assing in the academy,,,,
    I hate KALIFORNIA

cam

SCREW RODNEY KING.... waste of protoplasm

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2004
  12. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well thanks for the Replies all I am getting real excited about the upcoming academy. And like most of you said if Marine Corps boot camp could not break me then I think that this class will not. O yeah and james if you come through this way I'll be looking for a digital blazer hehehe. By the way the beast is nearly complete I need to get the turn signal fixed on the steering coloumn and thats about it but its gonna be on hold for awhile due to the academy.
    Spence

13. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I am majoring in Criminal Justice and I plan on enrolling in the Arlington Police Academy. Looks like I will be in your shoes in about 1.5 years. I can't wait. I don't plan on being a cop for the rest of my life though. My ultimale goal would to be in the ATF or any Federal LE job and stay in Texas. Lofty goal, but it's worth a shot :smirk: