Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone able to lend a hand in Central Oregon

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Jul 23, 2003.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I am going to be working on swapping in 3/4 ton axles this weekend into my 79 K10. Should not be anything too difficult, just taking a rear D60 out of a 66 GMC parts truck (cutting U-bolts with torch) then exchanging it with the 12 bolt in my truck now. I will have to relocate the shock brackets in the '79. Then I also have an 8 lug, 10 bolt for the front that I will need to swap in.

Anyone going to be around on Saturday in Central Oregon that wants to lend a hand let me know and I will give you directions to the place. I want to get started early before it gets too hot out also. I am sure I can buy lunch for anyone that can help too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I might be able to help out. Just depends on if I have to work or not. I will let you know later. Are the axles that you are swapping in under a truck?

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i'm working /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

is that the front from sky??? how in the world did you get a hold of him. I swear is he the phone tag champ.LOL

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

No, this front axle is from another project I have. I am going to use the axle from Sky to replace it when ever the planets align and we can work out picking it up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

everyone I have talked to said it is just easier to go to his house,LOL I was going to go there last week but my buddy who knows where it is flaked on me. would have been nicer to have it in his truck them the back of my cheorkee,LOL