Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone an ATV guru?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by balzackks84, May 26, 2003.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got a slight problem. About 1.5 years ago I was slightly intoxicated and went over backwards on my 83 ATC 250R, up a hill, at full throttle and didn't get off the gas until the bike was on top of me. Since then it has not run well. My best description is that if it were a four cylinder it is like its running on 3 all the time. No matter where in the RPM range you are it just sucks. I've rebuilt the carb 3 times, messed with main, needle, and idle jets, replaced the coil and the black box. Any suggestions? I think my next step is to tear the top end apart but i have a feeling its the carb /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif... Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

does it have reeds??? kinda sounds like cracked reeds. or mayb even the powervalve if u have one of those(i dont think u do...but just a thought)

NITRO

4. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It has reeds. I checked those while messing with the carb. And no power valve.

And I'll try the link. Thnx

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

it isnt hard to rebuild an engine like that at all.all u hafta do is take the nuts off the top of the head, remove the head and jug. have the jug dipped,bored,honed. and buy a new piston and main bearing and throw it all back together, then just do the little break in and its all new. just replace the reeds too and go from there. at least u know ull have a good engine

NITRO