Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone around this weekend want to help me troubleshoot my TBI issues?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by juanblzer, Oct 3, 2003.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Alright, I have a brandnew tricked out suspension. I have beard seats, 1 ton axles, lockers, full cage, and virtually no sheet metal.

BUT....
    My fuel injection problems are destroying my life. Everytime I drive it for over a half hour it idles terribly or dies like it is running out of gas. I have an EGR (new), VSS(new), and assorted other new parts but my truck is running like shiiiiittttttte. ANy and all help is appreciated. I'm driving my beast down to phoenix tonite. Anyone willing to help me if it poops its pants on the way or willing to lend an educated brain to help me get this taken care of? I'm driving down to pick up a 208 t-case for 100 bucks.
    I'll only have access to internet until 3:20pm today. THen I'll have to hit the public library.
    Contact numbers would really help me out.
    MOSESBURB?
    Anyone?

my cell will be with me for the next week (I'll be down in PHoenix for all of this weekend next weekend and the following week also. It's nice being a teacher!
    928-899-0225

2. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

OH, and I can and will provide adult beverages or whatever else you want to drink.

3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Juan,

I was hoping to hear how things were going.

I'm sorry that thing is running so crappy. It sure seemed to be running OK when you left my house last time. We knew there were EGR issues at that time though.

I feel kinda like the drivability of this swap is my fault for not spending enough time or something /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

(If you still want my help) I'm working this Saturday til 7PM, my mom's in the hospital so I'll be up there on Sun.
    Maybe the following weekend or sometime after that I could be available.

Recheck the EGR system now that you have a new valve.

Recheck all the wiring. (Fred has my 89 wiring schematics).

Put a fuel pressure guage on it for diagnostics.

Put a vacuum guage on it for diagnostics.

Check injector function/pattern

Put the scanner on when it is running crappy.

Also, I think the basic engine functions need checking, like the ignition system - plugs, wires, cap, coil, distributer condition/function - ignition timing, cylinder compression, etc.

Failing to turn up any smoking guns we could "easter egg" it as a last resort, i.e. swap in a replacement computer, distrubuter, coil, etc until it stayed running well.

Mark

4. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear about your mom /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I'll be down from tonite through next sunday and probably the following too. Don't worry about the problems I'm having. I'm sure (I hope) that it's something silly that I overlooked not you. As a backup plan I'm going to make an appointment at Arizona TPI for diagnostics and tuning. I just want it to run right. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Give me a call whenever you can fit me in.
    I'll be staying at my parent's house (480-391-1080) and I'll have my cell (928-899-0225)
    They only thing I have going on is a freind's wedding on Friday the 10th, Wedneday the 8th Bachelor party, and Thurday night the 9th, Rehearsal dinner. Other than those things I'm good to go, just let me know.
    juan /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I would love to help but there are two problems. Number 1 y'all are goin the wrong direction and number 2 I would just be standin around drinkin beer and annoyin the hell outta my wife because she would be just standin around watchin me drink beer and constantly yellin at me to watch the kids to keep them outta trouble............. Get the point?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Good luck to you though sounds like a really aggravating problem.

Allan

6. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

its the commputer/brain, wher do you have it located? If it is anywhere near a heat source as soon as the temps go up, the computers start getting stupid on ya, really common with the turds and my friends toyota with a tbi 350 had very similar issues we finally moved the brain into a a custom box we made and ran a ac vent to it...no more problems /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

also he had no wheel wells, and choped up fenders so finding a location wasn't easy..where is yours mounted, are you running headers? How far from your exaust?