Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone at all from florida? HELP!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camarossguy2, Jan 23, 2005.

1. camarossguy2

camarossguy2 1/2 ton status

Got a couple things to address, hopefully it does not come accross as rambling

I am kinda frustrated with the lack of floirda members. Obviously its not anyones problem or fault, but wanted to know if there was more?. I have been debating weather or not to fork out $25 bux for the CK5 membership, but if there is no one in florida, i dont think it will be worth it.

2. I need some axles among many other things. Dana 44 or a good cheap used 10bolt for the front and 12 or 14bolt for the rear. Problem is I have noticed that in the for sale forum, everyone is from colorado, california and NY. Yes i could join and post in the wanted area, but if no ones in florida, then its a waiste, and shipping doubles the price on anything else i buy here (and junk yards here never get this kinda stuff in...crazy...)

So here are my questions

Do you think its worth it to join CK5?
    Any clubs here in FL?
    If you have some 10 bolt axles shaft, LMK
    If you got a dana44 or other entire axle assemblys for sale and are in florida, LMK
    If you live here in FL, let me know where you get your stuff!

Thanks guys, sorry about the boring rambling post, but i appreciate and replys

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if your looking for parts try chuckstruck.net thay have a for sale section and i have seen 1/2 3/4 1 ton axles on there and if you want thay do 2.5 ton axles big time.

3. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Where in florida do you live? I grew up there and just moved to CO 3 years ago.
    I grew up in leesburg and went to school in Gainesville. Let me feed the mouse in my head and maybe I can think of some places I used to get stuff from. The north central florida area is the best place, lots of rednecks there....:D

4. camarossguy2

thats funny, your from florida and moved to aurora CO, I was born in aurora CO and and moved to fl(well, with 14 years in texas in between)

5. ksmeltzer

ksmeltzer Registered Member

Hi from florida

Call these guys they have a 3.73 Axle M and K Used Auto, Inc. USA-FL(Orange-City) 1-800-329-9880. If you are going to put a new axle on why not swap to a 60? I live in St. Cloud we have plenty of salvage yards over here in the Orlando area that have good rebuild-able parts.

6. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

I'm in Beaufort,SC (not to far from Daytona) and have a set of 1/2 ton axles (10b & 12b) that I need to get rid of. They have just been rebuilt with 4.88's and Ez-Lockers and many other new parts. If your interseted I can probaly meet you half way or something. PM me. I tried to PM and e-mail you but you do not accept:dunno: .

7. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

There are quite a few members in Florida (not sure about your local area though). If you go to the Southeastern Forum you can search for "Florida" and find a couple of roll call type threads with members posting up where they are.

8. 468k5

468k5 1/2 ton status

Ask and you shall receive lol,they just come crawling out of the wood work!
    I would say it's well worth the 25 bucks, I mean really.......what else can you get for that! You can't even fill the truck for that, so climb aboard!:thumb:

9. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

Hey dude check out this site www.florida4x4.com we have all kinds of rides around the state...plus were free:D

10. camarossguy2

Well if i can find a dana 60 sure...but again, if its not in FL, its like $300 to ship here and most parts im looking at aren't even half that.

I probally will join here, kinda makes me mad that nobody has there emails addys share tho, so i can talk to anyone... just make me think so, $25 a pop and my favorite site camaroz28.com has nearly 18,000 members.... thats alot of money. and that ALOT more then it cost to run this site. does ck5.com sell stock??

11. camarossguy2

try now

12. bdevries

bdevries Registered Member

axles

If your still looking for running gear i know a guy that is helping me build my truck that has three different sets that all came off blazers i can ask him if you would like i am in palm beach florida like 2hrs south of you let me know

13. camarossguy2

please do, still looking. i currently have 3.73s 30 splines, but wouldn't mind going higher at all, long as i get my axles working again
    its-simple@juno.com

14. bdevries

bdevries Registered Member

will do

He has running gear that cmae out of an 83 front and rear that we think has 3.55 gears and a set out of a 73 that has 3.73 gears. let me know if you are interested.

15. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

FL. Members

I'm about 90 miles south of Tampa on the west coast of FL. I get most of the parts I need shipped from out of state. There are some local scrap yards but you have too get out and do some leg work to find what you need. I've relocated from the Northeast.

16. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

There are lots of members in Florida or close to the line. I've got two sets of 10 bolts to get rid of. The members on CK5 are worth way more than $25 a year. Sign up today and enjoy your stay. :xmas: