Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone Bought a Lift Kit From ORD

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78Blazer, Jul 31, 2001.

1. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Just wondered if anyone has bought a complete lift kit from ORD and how much it ran with shipping. Plus wether it was all 4 springs or just front and blocks.

Scott
    78blazer

2. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

Last time I checked, Off Road Design stocks Tuff Country lifts. The price I paid for mine through ORD was consistent with Tuff Country's current advertised prices plus shipping. I'm having a little bit of a problem with their 4" "softride" front springs sagging though. I'm currently trying to find a remedy for the sag. I don't have any extra weight on the front so not sure why they are sagging. Tuff Country says they'll replace the springs but I'm wondering if I want to go through all the trouble of replacing my front springs every 1 1/2 years! I'm not sure if I would recommend the 4" softride springs. Anyone else have advice for 78Blazer?

3. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

I plan on getting a 6 inch lift and would actually really like to get a 8 inch I dont know if they make and 8 inch lift (tuff Country).I tried to check out tuff countrys web page but it would not work. So what are there lifts going for now? I have a 4 inch lift now that is used that I am debating on putting on ebay or not right now. Once I can figure what its gonna cost me for a new one I may put it up.

Scott
    78blazer

4. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

I got the T/C Lift from ORD, but I got the HD front springs
    and I have Wheel'd the crap out of them and have had no problems with "Sag". That was about 3 years ago...

" Wider IS Better!!!"<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/wheelininco>www.community.webshots.com/user/wheelininco</a>

5. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Oh ya, I did get all 4 springs, and like the fronts, havent had any problems.

" Wider IS Better!!!"<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/wheelininco>www.community.webshots.com/user/wheelininco</a>

6. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

You'll have to look at a current magazine add to get prices. There are too many options and combinations available. I'm looking at the September 2001issue of Petersen's 4 Wheel &amp;Off-Road. Prices range from $239.95 for a 4" softride w/blocks w/o shocks to $767.95 for a complete 6" lift system with everything including rear springs!

7. bigredblazer

bigredblazer 1/2 ton status

I bought my front springs from Stephen about two and a half years ago, 4 in. ez ride, no sagging problems, they ride good, and flex good. Everyone will have a different opinion. I bought about 3/4 of the ORD Catalog back then,HD front shackles, shackle flip, greaseable bushings etc. I'm very happy with all of it. Jon

Blazin' Trails ORD Style