Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone bought a new Fasttrac yet?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by travis, Sep 5, 2001.

1. travis

travis 1/2 ton status

I heard several people (including myself) saying they couldn't wait until the Fasttrac was available so they could rush out and order it. Realistically speaking, has anyone actually ordered one? I'm hoping to get one within the next few months but who knows what else will come up. $650 is about $651 more than I have right now. I'm just wondering about quality, fit, ease of use, etc...

Travis

2. tmanofcali

tmanofcali 1/2 ton status

travis, i havent ordered mine yet, but i am ordering it tomarrow hopefully. i called them and they said it takes about 3 weeks to receive it, so i wont get it till late in the month. when i do get it on ill be sure to post picks and let everyone know what i think. tmanofcali

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/tmanofcali1>http://community.webshots.com/user/tmanofcali1</a>

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

hey todd so i guess that means you dont want mine eh?
    Chaz

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!</font color=blue> [​IMG]

4. NOblazer

NOblazer Registered Member

I oredred one August first. I received it Aug 27. I took me 2 days to install after work. It looks great, I have left it up because it has been raining cats and dogs in New Orleans since I have had it. No leaks, but the is a little gap where the window rolls up. Basically I am very pleased with workmanship and fit. The area where the top fits into the fastrac toward the back of the bedrails is a little loose, but there is a spot for extendting trhe back bow that I think will fix that problem.

5. travis

travis 1/2 ton status

I'd love to see some pictures. Post them on here or email them to me if you get a chance (when the weather clears that is).

Travis

6. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

I second that.............would love to see some pics too!!!!

Blazin' in TEXAS!

7. huggerk5

huggerk5 Registered Member

You better wait and see what the CAN-BACK top looks like. We should have pictures this month. I am waiting.

8. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

"but the is a little gap where the window rolls up"

NOblazer,

was the gap between the window due to quality or alignment of the window??

any pics yet??

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

9. NOblazer

NOblazer Registered Member

ARQ
    To be quite honest It could be a design problem. There is a statement in the instructions that says door and window alignment may be flawed due to the blazer being missaligned. The gap is were the "window frame" that they send with kit meets the window, There is a part that runs from the windshield over the door, then ther is an extention to the first bow. Where the door meets the frame you drill a hole and insert the vertical section of the window frame. The vert and the hort meet and are connected with a wing nut. As you can see there are a lot of varibles ther that could have me mis aligned, but the gap is about a 1/2" in the corner of the window on both sides where it should meet the corner of the frame. I will try to post pics, but my camera is MIA. I looks really good, I think you wil be very pleased.