Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone buy a body mount kit from LMC?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jun 9, 2002.

<font color="blue"> i know it uses rubber instead of poly but it seems like the most complete kit out there- all the bolts, washers etc. </font color>

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I would definatley like to know about this too......I need to replace my body mounts too.

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

In looked at those too, but already have a set of poly mount to install. LMC should make a kit of just the hardware as they sell poly mounts too. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

I haven't bought one yet(need too) but in the catalog it says it comes with everything(and the picture shows it too) to mount "as orginal" to you frame. you just need to call them for your specific truck. My catalog is for GMC Truck so I don't know if the part#'s will be the same.

Hope this helps,
    Don

4. tp85

tp85 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I recently bought the complete kit from GMCPaul. I believe that it is the same kit that LMC sells because the cushions had "LMC" embossed on the rubber. Paul charges more for the kit, but less for shipping. And Paul is great to speak with on the phone.

If you want, I could give you a complete run down on the kit when I have more time to type. I am in the middle of the body mount job, so I have discovered a few things about the kit and frame/body rust at the mounting points on my truck. I'm goin to have to repair a few things before I install the new mounts. I was hoping that this was going to be a quick job, but no such luck.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I just installed a set of Polly's in the 75. When I get around to them in the Lady's 79 I'm going with rubber. The polly's transmitt every bit of noise (no carpet isn't helping matters) the truck makes. I had a rough idle and a partly fouled plug and MAN you could tell a difference when I fixed it.
    Few other places to check for prices and what the kit has is www.yearone.com. Golden state. Kingparts. The links should be in the links post over in the second gen forum.