Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone buy anything from Mcmaster-carr?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Apr 18, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I was just looking at there site and it looks like they have ALOT of stuff for shops and whatnot. Is Mcmaster-carr the brand? Are they any good? Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

McMaster-Carr is not the brand name of the stuff they sell, they are like Grainger or Harbor Freight, just a dealer(for lack of better terminology). I've bought a few things from them, they have really good stuff, but a little pricey for me at times when I can get some stuff local.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have bought from them. They have a wherhouse near my house so I don't have to pay shipping. Some of the stuff they sell you would be hard pressed to find anywhere else and is often at a good price in compairson to some "specialty shop" that might have something similar. Some of the stuff they sell for way too much $$. Just do your homework.

4. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

A good chunk of the stuff we buy at school is bought through them.

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i bought some heim joints from them. good stuff. like others said do your home work, some stuff is cheap while others is more expensinve than local.

when we get our shop done, im gonna buy a whole bunch of nuts and bolts from them /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif