Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone care to share their BBQ Ribs recipe?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by marine_enlisted, Mar 14, 2004.

1. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

I have a rack of pork ribs that I want to grill tonight. Most of the recipes I have read just say throw them on the grill for 2.5 hours. I have heard that in order to get them really tender you boil them first, then slather them in sauce, and grill them to finish them off. Anyone do it that way? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yepp drive up I-17 to bell road, head west to 83rd ave, turn left (south) on 83rd and turn right into the parking lot for the TEXAS ROAD HOUSE. best ribs ive ever had. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I've heard the same thing about boiling them, but I've never done it. I personally like A LOT of BBQ sauce on my ribs, but thats just me.

Kris

4. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Don't boil them, I think it makes them tough, Season and dry bake them covered in foil in a 225 degree oven for a couple of hours then grill/smoke(I brown them a little then offset smoke them for 1/2 hour or so, make sure your grill is'nt to hot, don't want to dry them out, loosley set some foil over them. warm your bbq sauce and put on after your done grilling(It burns and makes a big mess on the grill) just before eating. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

When I cook them at work I just boil about 8 racks worth in a giant kettle untill they are technically cooked, then a gallon of BBQ and shove em in the Alto Sham for a few hours