Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone coloradoians out there?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by brian468, Aug 5, 2003.

1. brian468

brian468 Registered Member

hey all i`m moving to denver next tuesday(8/12) just wondering how many people on here actually live around there and if anyone needs a spotter, government kicked my ass so it`ll be a little while before i have another rig, also interested in any job leads someone might have, i can weld and use some machining equipment, worked for a ford dealer for a year, worked in a mom and pop shop for two more also doing towing and repo work when it was busy, spent the last two years doing tranny R+R and engine machining/building at night for a buddy, have a resume, ok i`m sounding a bit long winded now thanks for any help guys, look forward to meeting some of you in the future.

2. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Aurora here, Welcome to Denver /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 79k20

79k20 1/2 ton status

I'll be moveing to the Denver area sometime in Sept.

4. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

25 miles NE of downtown Denver. Welcome fellow transplant.

5. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

I have a buddy that owns a trans shop. Maybe some part time or more dpending on exp. PM me your #.

6. brian468

thanks guys, looking forward to meeting some of ya and finding out where the good trails are, although i do have a prety bad addiction to mud. could possibly turn into the colorado parts supplier to thats what i wound up becoming here in pa.

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    although i do have a prety bad addiction to mud.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ya better get a really good fix before you leave. Mud is almost non-exsistent in most of Colorado. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif You'll be building a rock crawler before ya know it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. zooexhibit

zooexhibit Registered Member

Hello
    I live in Arvada which is sort of a northwest suburb of Denver. If you are looking for a job and have some machining experience, you might try Woodward Govenor in Fort Collins they have a kick-butt set-up and good employee benifits. I interviewed there many years ago for a computer position, didn't get the job, but I was impressed with their facility. Anyway welcome to Colorado. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. brian468

thanks i`ll look into that place, i`m sure i can find some mud even if i have to rent a backhoe and dig a trench in my backyard, doesn`t really matter now anyway since i have no vehicle at all.
    i think i`ll vent now, HOW THE FRIG CAN THE IRS CHARGE YOU BACK TAXES FOR BUSINESS DEALS THAT WERE DONE IN YOUR NAME WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT OR YOU EVEN KNOWING
    hopefully a jury of my peers will see things my way before the years over. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif