Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone compete in Truck Pulls?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89 Blazzer, Sep 9, 2001.

1. 89 Blazzer

89 Blazzer Registered Member

I know this may not be necessarily a K5 topic, but I need to know if anyone does or has done this. A buddy and I going to put one together this winter for next summer and would like to get as much info as possible. We are going to start small, stock class, to get some confidence and experience. We are going to run 3/4 with a 4 speed. We are going to build up a 400 to start with. We would appreciate any tips or advice about gearing, RPM's, tires, 400's, anything else. Thank you.

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I do, take a look at the pics in my sig.
    Feel free to ask any questions.
    I run a SBC 400, 700R4, NP205 combo. I had 3.23 gears and 33's (which measured more like 31's) with a TH350 to start (that sucked because of no RPM's). I have 4.56's now with 33's that measure 32.75 with the 700r4 (love that deep first gear which I needed to compensate for the lack of a deep gear in the NP205).
    If you have a slip yoke transfer-case, definitely change to a fixed yoke and see if you can save money for a good set of driveshafts (will save you money in the end). I'm getting a new set from Jesse at http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot