Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone completed a mercruiser bbc MPFI swap?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mofugly13, Apr 22, 2006.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Have any of you all done a Mercruiser MPFI swap onto your BBC? If you have, I'd like to know how easy/difficult it was to get everything installed and working. Ive got the whole setup, and it looks relatively straightforward, just looking for some thing I might want to be aware of. Did you have any probs with reprogramming the computer? Clearance issues? Any beneficial mods that can be made?

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Did you end up porting the heads?

I'll have to talk to Steve monday and find out the incidentals about tweaking the ECM... Wonder if I can get a copy of the software from them... :thinking:

3. mofugly13

Not yet, I havent found the heads I want to use yet, big oval 049's or 781's. I still have the peanut ports that came with it. I still need to tear the old motor down all the way, find heads, have the block and heads prepped, buy the whole rotating assembly, whatnot. I'm still in the VERY early stages, just trying to get all my ducks in a row.

4. mofugly13

Anyone?