Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone converted to hydro boost

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CST-30, Dec 16, 2001.

1. CST-30

CST-30 Registered Member

just wanting to find someone who has allready done this conversion on these 1st generation trucks, I am allmost ready but want to find out about any problems before I get started. Does the booster bolt up to the firewall or does it have to be modified and second does the rod that connects to the pedal, is it the right length or does it have to be modified. And are there any other problems that I might run into. Thanks

72 K-5 cst blazer 2 1/2 lift 33" bfg's
    69 custom 30 longstepside 4x4 6" lift 36" directionals
    87 K-5 stock

2. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

CST30
    I did it on my 91 Sub (Gen 2 equivalent) and am eyeing a conversion for the 71 Jimmy, body now off. It looks to me that the booster will mount on the same bracket that the vac booster mounts on, but not on the firewall. I will send you a couple of documents (one of my write up of my conversion) and another by JimL, an old timer on the vmag Sub board who has done a lot of thinking about brakes and has some general consideratins (for example, you need a high pressure pump). Let's stay on this, as I am going down the same road, soon.
    Thanks
    JB

3. Max

Max 1/2 ton status

plz send it to me too :) thanx

4. LVJimmy

LVJimmy 1/2 ton status

If you still have this info can you send it to me also.

Thanks

5. LVJimmy

LVJimmy 1/2 ton status

I have access to a complete hydro boost setup off of a 1 ton 2wd. I have a 70 Jimmy with D44/12blt and 33" tires. I have never been impressed with my current brakes. Is it worth putting in the hyrdo boost?

6. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Here's a link to my write up on my hydroboost and hydraulic clutch install on my 69 K20. I went from manual brakes to the hydroboost so the improvement was dramatic!

7. LVJimmy

LVJimmy 1/2 ton status

Thanks,
    I think the pictures will help alot